Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saturday, March 23rd, 2013




Took my medicine last night and only got up once during the night.  I have just about enough pills left to last me through the month.  

Saw a couple of flies in the bathroom this morning.  I think it’s time to invest in a fly swatter.  I can make it my morning job to visit all rooms first thing in the morning to rid ourselves of any flies.

Sometimes Rosetta Stone refuses to work for me.  (Must be the pirated copy I’m using.  Lol)  Most of the time, I have no problem, like today I spent an hour working on it.

8:50am and a truck pulls up and a man carries 3 large violet colored rolls of … something… into the house across the street.

11:30 and I run downstairs and out to the street and buy 2 fresh avocados for 2mil.
Reina tells me that after lunch her mother, her sister Liliana and little Dylan and his mother Miriam are going to come for a visit.  (Liliana is the sister whose husband was shot to death.)  We’re going to have almojabanas (Colombian cheese rolls) for a snack.  And I’m supposed to remind Reina that she made popcorn (with sugar) for her mother.

Reina tells me that Angela and her husband (Jim) are back together again and soon they are going to go to Cancun, Mexico for a little vacation.

1:30 and I sent the following email to the owner: “Today I used the guest toilet and had no problem then just a few minutes later Dylan used it and the waste did not go down.     I don't know what to say.” At the same time Reina called her and she said not to use that toilet.  She is going to be here Tuesday and will talk to Martha about this recurring problem.

2:15 and Reina left to meet her mother.  She probably took a bus to the Viva! mall and Reina needs to show her the way here.

2:33 it starts raining; 10 minutes later it stops.

Instead of the Colombian cheese rolls we had Bunuelos and something new – Natilla (custard).  I didn’t care for the custard and I guess neither did anyone else.  Reina says it is much better with brown sugar and cinnamon.

4:45 and Dylan and Laura come in.  I was surprised right away that Laura was obviously taller than Dylan.  It was also the first time I saw her in makeup.  She was in heels and a short skirt.  Wow!

Reina’s mom and the others left about 5:30.

The building owner responded to my email:
“Mr. Terry
Martha called me to tell me about that, she already called sr. Guillermo he is out of town and won't be back until Tuesday, this is a long weekend but they said that on Tuesday they will be there to check the toilet.
Hopefully won't be a big problem, i don't want other nightmare weekend . Not please...
But don't worry they have to fix it.
Regards,
Margarita Montes”

I replied back: “I also should mention that both toilets have a small leak.  It sounds like just a small drip; probably from the tank to the bowl.  We'll mention it to Guillermo when we see him on Tuesday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment