Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Monday, February 11th, 2013



It’s Monday morning and I thought there might be another garbage pickup today but I don’t see anything out on the street so maybe Friday is the only day.  No problem, we don’t have much and what we do have I can just store in the garage.

This seems to be the first day we’re not running around downtown or to somebody’s house.  Nice change of pace.

Reina and Dilan measured the windows and about 1:30pm Reina and I walked down the street a couple of blocks to a small store where she bought 3 drapery rods and whatever those holders are called and a few cement nails.  I understand Jesus may be stopping by later to put them up.

Right now I’m working on learning my numbers in Spanish: 1-20, 30, 40, etc. through 100, then 200 through 1000.  I wrote them all down in the little book I carry with me and I’ll be practicing them until I learn them.

Reina realized we didn’t have any arepas for breakfast tomorrow, so we walked about 2 blocks to a small store that sells them only for me to discover I didn’t have my fanny pack with me so I have no money.  Reina called Dilan on her cell phone and met him about halfway with the fanny pack and we got our arepas.

Jesus came by and put up the curtains in about an hour or an hour and a half.  I gave him 10,000 pesos for bus fare. Next month we will pay him 30,000 pesos for the installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment