Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday, March 25th, 2013




Every morning from about 7-8am I’m sitting out on the balcony in my shorts, short sleeve shirt and flip flops reading the online Chicago Sun-Times, checking my email and having a cup of coffee.  According to my iPad it’s 66 degrees at that time.  I don’t know if it’s really that cool out, and while I feel fine, if it was any cooler I don’t think I would be able to take it.  (Neighbors probably think I’m crazy!)

We only have 63mil left but we’re out of meat so went to Exito to buy some.  We spent 29.784mil on: 30 eggs (6.878mil), spring bread (2.95mil), arepas (1.35mil), chicken breast fillets (6.942mil), and breast tenderloin (5.174mil), and  (RU, Percept Ekono, whatever that is) for 6.49mil.  So now we have 33mil remaining until about this time next week.

Reina tells me that at 2pm we’re going to walk to Angela’s and she will pay for the taxi to Reina’s mother’s house.

Tomorrow Reina is going downtown to: 1) talk to the university about paying for Dylan’s monthly tuition late, 2) talk to someone about Dylan’s military documents, and 3) go with Aunt Helen for her eye examination.  Dylan will be playing a soccer game at the Stadium from 7-9am.  Upon his return, Dylan and I will be left alone with Martha and Guillermo (who are expected about 10am) to fix the bathrooms.

11:30 and a man with one hand comes limping down the street selling pineapples.  The neighbor across the street bought one for what looked like 2mil.  (The Colombian bills are of different color so you can sometimes tell visibly the value of each certain bill.  Me, I’m always looking for the numbers.  Lol)

12:15 and a man comes down the street selling brooms, dustpans, and mops.  (Interestingly, the dustpans here have a long handle attached to them perpendicularly so you don’t have to stoop to use them.)

I’ve been trading emails this morning with my tax accountant from Virginia.  So far it looks like I owe about $1000.  But first I have to compare this return to the previous year’s return.

1pm and the same man comes down the street selling pineapples again.
We’re going to her mother’s for the afternoon so I guess I’ll take my nook and continue reading the Pat Tillman book.  

About 4:30 in Reina’s room at her mother’s she introduced me to an attractive young lady.  If I understood correctly she’s Dylan’s ex-girlfriend, she’s 28 years old, has breast implants, has 4 kids, one of them is 5 years old (I didn’t understand if he was the oldest or youngest), and she has a 70 year old boyfriend.  (Of course any of this is subject to translation and I'm especially weak on the larger numbers. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment