Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sunday, March 3rd, 2013



Early (3am? 5am?) and someone in our building or a nearby building had a radio on playing music.  It wasn’t particularly loud, just loud enough for me to hear and not be able to get back to sleep.  Finally, Reina woke me up about 9:30 for breakfast.  (First time I think she got up before me.)  

After breakfast we went with Dilan to Viva! Mall and I took out some more money. Then we stopped at Exito and bought the chairs for the balcony I wanted and Dilan carried them back to the apartment.

After getting back to the apartment we took all our dirty clothes to her mother’s house. On the way I learned that Aunt Helen was going to be there and was expecting her money.  I didn’t know she was going to be there so I took only enough extra money to reimburse her sister.  I don’t like to carry a lot of cash with me needlessly.  So we stopped downtown at an Exito and I took out some more money.  

At her mother’s house I paid off her sister and Aunt Helen.  Actually we still owe Aunt Helen 168,151 pesos.  I’m really glad to no longer have the responsibility of carrying all that money around with me.  After everything was washed and hanging out on the line I went with Reina, her mother, and Aunt Helen and treated them all to ice cream. 

While there Reina remembered to give me the second piece of mail I’ve received at that address.  It was my 1099-R form from my Zurich Insurance pension.  A couple hours later after most of the clothes had dried we took them back to the apartment.  This time I saw a man at a stoplight on a unicycle.

Then we took a taxi to Cousin Angela’s and she paid me back the 300mil she borrowed yesterday and when Jesus came over I gave him an advance of 50 mil with the balance to be paid over the next few days.

Then Angela joined us for dinner at El Corral at Transversal 39B #74-09.  It’s a burger place very similar to a Burger King I had eaten at once before and it was just as good this time.    I thought it was a little pricey as it cost me 83,400 pesos for 3 people.  I was a little surprised to see that they each bought a side order of guacamole that they added to their burgers.  But it’s El Corral's 30th anniversary and they gave me 2 3-liter bottles of Coca Cola.

No comments:

Post a Comment