Friday, March 1, 2013

Monday, January 21st, 2013



Breakfast at the hotel (61 Prado).  They only have 2 four-top tables (and on one occasion we had to share it with Hans from Holland).   The waitress gave us a short menu with 3 combos and a few ala carte items.  They all included juice, coffee/tea, and fresh cut fruit.  One combo included a pancake, another yogurt with fresh fruit and granola, and I forget the third J

After breakfast we walked about 3 blocks up the hill, turned right and walked about 3 blocks down the hill to the edge of downtown.  Then to get across this most busy street we walked up stairs about 1 story high and took an overpass.  We then stopped inside so Reina could make a phone call.  (Her cell phone only works to another cell phone so she has to use a pay phone to call a landline.)

We stopped at one spot so I could exchange some dollars for pesos.  Exchanged $100 for 1,790,000 Colombian pesos.  To do this I have to show my passport which they make a copy of, I sign a document in 2 places and then put my fingerprint on it.  Talk about security. 

In the local Carrefour department store I found out chess in Spanish is ajedrez.

No comments:

Post a Comment