Thursday, March 7, 2013

Saturday, March 2nd, 2013



6:45am.   Good news, I think.  I logged onto USAA and my Social Security and all of my pensions are in blue ink and the Description has changed, automatically, on each to “Retirement Income”.  I hope that means the money is now available for my use.  This time it took only 2 business days but I can understand why some people might consider it to be 3.  To summarize, 3 of my 4 sources of income first appeared on Thursday and all of the money was available on Saturday.

I got an email message from PayPal “We were unable to process your recent payment.  Did you recently change your bank, phone number or credit card?”  The last PayPal payment I made was on Sunday, January 27th to settle my hotel bill.  I don’t think I have made any other payments using PayPal since then.  It gave me a link to click on but of course it’s safer to go to PayPal directly.  When I did it appeared that they wanted me to update my address and telephone number.  But when I started that process they made it clear that if you have moved out of the country you have to set up a new account in the new country so I just closed my existing PayPal account.

Right after breakfast Reina and I went to Viva! Mall and I took 720,000 pesos out of the Davivienda ATM on my first try.  The only mistake I made is I pushed the wrong button at the end and didn’t get a receipt.

Then we went to Exito and bought some more food and I successfully used my USAA debit card again for the purchase. Yeah!  

After lunch Reina got her hair blow-dried professionally, we went back to Viva! and withdrew some more money, then went to Exito and bought a microwave oven that’s on sale and a few other things.  BTW, where she got her hair dried she said a 1 hour massage costs $20.

Then we took a taxi to her friend’s Evan and Judy’s house that are in the paper business and we hung out there for a while.

Then we went to Cousin Angela’s house, I paid back the 50mil we borrowed from her and we hung out there for a while.

Later at home Jesus came over and brought his girlfriend and we decided to go out for pizza.  We took a taxi and our first choice was obviously too crowded so we didn’t stop we just went further to another pizza place called Piccolo at Diagonal 75B #8-18.  I told them they could order any kind of pizza as long as it didn’t have pescado (fish).  I think we had the Carne Especiale because it had every type of meat on it imaginable.  It was actually called Pizza Milenium Carnes Y Tocineta.  But it was tasty and had a good crust like a Chicago thin crust pizza.

After that we went to a lounge in Laureles.  I think it was called Melodia Para Dos (Music for Two?).  It was kind of a sing along type place as there were a lot of women there singing to each song.  We stayed until about 12:30.  I paid for the taxi ride to the pizza place and the pizza and drinks (84mil) and Jesus paid for the taxi to the bar and for all the drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment