Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sunday, February 3rd, 2013



More problems.  Our main priority today was to buy mattresses and a refrigerator.  We went to the little store where we had found the mattresses we wanted to buy but they were closed.  Probably because it’s Sunday.  

We decided to shop for a refrigerator so we checked out Home Center (I would swear it was a Home Depot) but there wasn’t a whole lot of selection there.  So we went to Carrefour and picked out a refrigerator.  Then we shopped for some more supplies we would need for the apartment.  When we went to check out, the cashier informed us there was no money on the card.  So we left everything there and went to the other end of the building to withdraw cash.  Again I was declined my withdrawal request for 2,000,000 pesos ($1000). I was able to withdraw 300,000 pesos 3 times followed by 100,000 pesos so that appears to be my daily limit even though they told me just a few days ago I have a $8000 daily limit.  So, we took the cash and went back and purchased everything but the refrigerator.

By then it was 1pm so we took our 2 carts filled with purchases to the food court and had lunch.  I had the best burger I’ve had in Medellin at the El Corral restaurant.  It was very much like a regular whopper sandwich but a little smaller.

Then her cousin Angela met us and gave Reina some money she owed her mother.
Reina told me it was important to get it to her ASAP so off we went to her mother’s house.  We stayed there until it about 5:15 when we left to see the Super bowl.  We took a taxi to Patrick’s Irish Pub (www.IrishPub.com.co) at Carrera 37A #8A-43 in Parque Lleras (4) 311 56 07.  Downstairs it seemed like it was a regular pub with a lot of beer drinkers wearing soccer uniforms of the teams they support.  Upstairs it was much quieter.  There was a very large screen TV and we got the last seats in the first row on the side.  I introduced myself to a black guy wearing a White Sox hat.  His name is Amelio (sp?), is originally from the south side of Chicago and has been living in Medellin for 3 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment