Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Monday, February 4th, 2013



Breakfast at Aunt Helen’s.

While reading my emails my laptop froze and nothing worked to unfreeze it.  So I did what I have always done in that situation.  I unplug the laptop and leave it turned on until the battery drains down.  Then I plug it back in, turn it on and it works fine.

Took taxi downtown to ATM machine and withdrew 600,000 pesos.

Called USAA from the Internet Café.  They told me my current limit is $600 a day.  I got them to increase the limit temporarily to $1,666 a day for the next 48 hours.  On Thursday morning, February 7th, my ATM limit will be $600 a day again.  I can get that changed permanently if I fax them a letter asking for the change.

In today's 30 minute call to USAA I found out postings on the weekend (at least my ATM withdrawals) post with the date of the following Monday. I certainly consider that to be an inconvenience.  It makes it more difficult to balance my account.
At least now I have a code word so identifying myself is a lot easier.

Went back to Carrefour and took out another 900,000 pesos.  Bought a refrigerator for 1,699,900 pesos; it will be delivered tomorrow morning about 10am.  I still don't trust the debit card working at the cashier's station so I take out my money in cash first.  Took cash out 300,000 pesos at a time.

Went to Suenos Primor and bought a large mattress for 670,000 pesos for the master bedroom.  Probably won’t be able to afford beds or the other mattresses until next month.

Went to the apartment and set up some things and did a little more cleaning.  The mattress arrived and they put it in the master bedroom.

Went to Reina’s house and her mother made us lunch.

Went to Carrefour and met some man (Jesus) who talked to Reina about building beds and how much it costs.  They are supposed to be relatively inexpensive through him.  I don’t know they still look pretty fancy to me.  Anyway, can’t afford them this month.  

After the meeting we bought a few pots and pans that are on sale today only.

Took our purchases back to Aunt Helen’s and Reina made dinner.

The plan is to move into the new apartment tomorrow morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment