Saturday, November 13, 2021

Friday, November 12, 2021

Recovery Day #140!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, got up at 6am, did my Kegel exercises, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Colombians, and gringos in Colombia, use the free app Whatsapp for texting. In the US I understand they use Messenger. I just noticed this Messenger message from early Monday morning from Sheila:

(Jerry is my cousin in the hospital in AZ. Dave is his younger brother, Shelia is Dave’s wife and Jim is my brother.)

“Dave talked to the nurse yesterday and Jerry is in ICU on a Ventilator. He is very critical. The nurse said with all of his health issues it doesn’t look good for him, she also said once they go on a ventilator they only have a 10% chance to survive. Dave and I are praying he can fight this. I wish they would have gotten vaccinated. Jim called and talked to Dave for awhile a few days ago. I sure wish Jerry would of taken better care of his health over all these years. Thanks for reaching out to us checking on Jerry!”

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to Parva. I had just ordered a café con leche when I noticed Glenn texted me 15 minutes earlier that he was on his way to Los Portenos. I joined him about 10 minutes later after I finished my coffee. He was in the process of playing pinocle online so I had to wait until the game had finished for us to have our usual discussion.

Putting up Christmas lights in Envigado:



I bought 3 bags of milk and had just returned to the apt when there was a knock on the door. It was a portero with my Tigo/Une (wifi) bill. Finally, I have all I need to pay my mid-month bills.

I received an email from Nobraskja that they have a package to deliver for 40mil. I have 2 hours to leave an envelope with the portero.

Haluk04 resigned our game increasing my rating 8 points to 1572. Finally, I’ve beaten a higher rated player and with the Black pieces no less.

I found an unknown charge of $2.46 made to my debit card this past Monday. I called USAA and they said it was charged to someone in Mexico. I authorized them to cancel my debit card NOW and they will send me a new one ASAP. (Luckily, I have a backup debit card to tide me over and Wilson and Laura each owe me 1,560,000 pesos for our upcoming trip.)

Nobraskja notified me they have a new address (AGAIN?) in Florida. The old address will be good for the next 2 months as I notify everyone (that matters) of my new address.

It’s been a busy morning!

I ordered BBQ chicken wings from Go Wings. Of course, I had to switch from my debit card to cash payment. My order arrived 45 minutes later. (While picking it up in the porteria I dropped off the envelope for Envios Market.)

Teressa returned at 2:45 and I explained everything to her.

My daughter made a butt call (I prefer pocket call) but hung up as I said, “hello”. She quickly called me back and we talked for about an hour.

We hit 85 degrees today but then it clouded over. I heard a little thunder early in the evening but nothing developed.

I don’t know why but I feel like I’m peeing more than usual today. Maybe because I skipped a few afternoon Kegel exercise sessions the past few days?

I had Teresa call the porteria thinking I would tip a portero if he brought me my package but was told I don’t have one.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 76,769 ð 74,128  ð 79,234 new cases and 1,215 ð 1,158  ð 1,119 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,451 ð 2,644  ð 2,559 new cases with 30 ð 40  ð 41 new deaths. Medellin has  269 ð 246  ð 223 new cases from November 11th to 12th. Envigado has 5 ð 8   ð 13 new cases from November 11th to 12th.

 

Classic Art Memes



1 comment:

  1. Jerry, thanks for the video and the Classic Art Memes...I enjoy them greatly!
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete