Thursday, November 11, 2021

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Recovery Day #138!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 6:30.

Google has started using 2-step authorization for me to get into my gmail account which is only to access my blog. Their first notification attempt didn’t work and I had to have them send me a text message.

I received my epm (utility) bill and this month it’s up to 405mil ($106).

TheGreekLad has only 12 days of vacation remaining, so he won’t be able to put off continuing our game much longer. I checkmated my weakest opponent increasing my rating to 1552.

I left the apt at 8:20 and met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station. We walked to Los Portenos in La Buena Mesa. I had the bacon and egg sandwich with a couple small café con leches. We spent some time discussing MagicJack and how to configure it and the use of its app. At one point I asked the waiter if he knew of a place where I could print some files from my USB drive. He came back with Innova Digital at Cl. 33B Sur #43A-48. He also made a little map although it wasn’t correct. Our check came to the usual 30mil each for breakfast ($8).

Glenn left for his apt and I went to find Innova Digital. It was a longer walk than I thought, almost to Parque Envigado. They only did large printings but he directed me across the street to Papelería Fenix on the corner of Calle 33B & Carrera 44. It took a minute for me to make my request clear and I found this place was most expensive of all – 400 pesos per page. It’s also too far away so I doubt I will use them again.

I stopped at Huevo Mundo where I found a bottle of Member’s Selection (Pricesmart brand) Chunky Peanut Butter for 26,300 pesos. I also bought a couple bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

Fyi to my readers: I don’t normally friend people on Facebook I don’t know. If you read my blog, send me a comment requesting I friend you on FB and then I will accept your next FB friend request.

I made Thanksgiving dinner reservations for 4:30pm at Philly Cheesesteaks in Poblado. That should give us sufficient time to get there after the Bears 12:30 start against the Detroit Lions.

The weather here lately has certainly lived up to its title of The City of Eternal Spring; lots of days with rain and seldom a high over 82 degrees.

I just heard my Trump supporting, Covid denying, cousin Jerry is in an Arizona hospital with Covid-19 with a 10% chance of surviving. His wife didn’t want them to get vaccinated and wouldn’t call an ambulance until he passed out in the house. Damn that bitch!

Angry_horse resigned our game on the 6th move increasing my rating to 1558. I requested a rematch, but he blocked me from any challenges.

Some months (years?) ago Teresa met a gringo named Bill from NY in Santafe mall. She just called him trying to fix him up with Vicky. He’s 58 and she’s 67 and he’s not interested.

It started raining about 4pm.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi 2 games to 1.

I had the advantage against an equal rated player then I blundered a piece. I did manage to corner his Rook so I might be able to get back into the game.

Teresa wanted a chicken burger so I went through the same struggle ordering from McDonald’s using the iFood app. First it wouldn’t accept my USAA debit card, I couldn’t get it to switch to cash, I even entered my Citibank debit card and it wouldn’t accept that. I started over and went through it all again and it finally gave me the cash option.

It took about 30 minutes to be delivered and I met the muchacho at the door of the porteria. As I was returning to the apt I saw a young lady with an iFood bag coming from the building so it looks like they are allowing deliveries directly to apts again. Hopefully, I won’t have to make trips to the porteria in my pajamas anymore.

Marcos went to the doctor today and got his catheter removed after wearing it for 38 days.

Well, it wasn’t the most comfortable thing, but I managed to get through a day wearing a moderate absorption AD. It was more obvious when I was peeing, and it was more frequent than I thought. I don’t think I’ll try that again for a while.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 73,875 ð 74,834  ð 76,769 new cases and 1,226 ð 1,250 ð 1,215 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,917 ð 2,199 ð 2,451 new cases with 38 ð 39  ð 30 new deaths. Medellin has 2,419? ð 269 ð 269 new cases from November 9th to 10th. Envigado has 18 ð 5 ð 5 new cases from November 9th to 10th.

 

Classic Art Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment