Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Monday, November 22, 2021

Recovery Day #150!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, took a while to fall asleep, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Just before 8:30, Teresa left for gym class and I left for Cedimed Intermedica. I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus and got off at Calle 7. As I checked in about all I understood is have I been riding a horse or bicycle the past 4 days? 😊 They took my doctor’s order for my test, my cedula and gave me a turn number and I took a seat. I had only a 5-minute wait to be called. I paid 58,500 with my debit card and took another seat. Five minutes later I was called and went in back with the phlebotomist who took a vial of my blood. She put a little cotton over the wound but when she withdrew it a couple seconds later it started bleeding. She put it back and held it for ten seconds more. She put on one of those little round Band-Aids and I gave her a regular Band-Aid to put over it as I had a leaking problem last time. I waited five minutes in the waiting room before leaving. I understand the test results should be emailed to me tonight.

 

Back on Avenida Poblado I quickly was on an Envigado bus. I didn’t see a line outside the Chamber of Commerce building so I’m guessing they aren’t giving vaccinations there. In Envigado I glanced out the window to see where we were and I saw Glenn walking with Bianca outside Otra Parte. I got off at the next stop and Glenn caught up with me a couple minutes later.

We walked to Los Portenos where he had a cappuccino and a croissant and I had a café con leche. He gave me my first lesson in two-handed pinocle. I understand there are two phases to the game, the first phase I’m struggling with and the second phase sounding similar to Hearts. Teresa called in case I might be in Viva Envigado but we will meet up later at the apt. At one point Brit’s (sp?) 9-10 year old son came over to get a better look at Bianca. He asked us something about “dog, money, and airport” but his English was so bad we didn’t understand what he was asking. Before I left I made plans to meet Glenn for breakfast here tomorrow. I bought 2 bags of milk on the way back to the apt.

I updated SS, Chess Life magazine, Reader’s Digest magazine and New in Chess magazine with my new address.

At 12:30 I noticed it was raining but it didn’t last long.

I reviewed Teresa’s visa application, made a few changes and uploaded her photo.

I left the apt at 2:30 and had coffee in Parva for 2 hours before returning to the apt.

I’m still binge watching episodes of Seinfeld.

Teresa informed me she’s going to the gym tomorrow and after she will go to the beauty shop, so I’ll be on my own for lunch.

I received my PSA test results and they are still less than 0.01 so that’s good.

Teresa made me a burger and I finally opened my jar of Vlasic dill chips that I bought in Pricesmart months ago.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 92,580  Ã° 93,689 ð 95,152 new cases and 1,115 ð 1,113 ð 1,418 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,590 ð 2,649 ð 2,194 new cases with 41 ð 39 ð 45 new deaths. Medellin has 285 ð 302 ð 424 new cases from November 21st to 22nd. Envigado has 12 ð 16 ð 6 new cases from November 21st to 22nd.

 

T-shirt of the day

Minnesota Chipmunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment