Saturday, November 6, 2021

Friday, November 5, 2021

Recovery Day #133!

Last night I put on my first less absorbent AD, went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 7:15, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 7:30.

Well, my AD didn’t cause me any problem last night even though it was of the moderate absorption type instead of heavy absorption. Hopefully, soon I can start using them during the day.

Teresa left at 8am for an eps appointment in Parque Envigado.

She returned by 9am and made me breakfast.

Before I left, I looked to see if there were any Didi cars in the area. I got a message that I’ve been charged 2,500 pesos because I cancelled a request a couple days ago. I messaged them asking how long someone is supposed to wait and I received this response (after I translated from Spanish to English), “I eliminated this charge that was generated from the experience center and it will no longer appear in the application. Terry, for me it is important to improve your experience with us and I want to share important information so that you keep it in mind, the cancellation time of the requests is within the first 8 minutes that your request was accepted by one of our partners and after 20 minutes of waiting, so you can avoid this situation being present on your next trips.” So if I followed this advice, the other day when I ordered a car from El Tesoro and he was coming from Mayorca, he would have been halfway to us when I cancelled. I’ll just be more careful to make sure there is at least a car in the area before I request one.

I left at 10am and took a Didi car to Inter-Col. The driver spoke some English and I learned there were 20 robbers yesterday and they were after gold bullion but left with nothing. Ten of them have already been captured ten.

I gave Daniela my passport and she made a copy of my latest entry stamp – September 2015. I reminded her that my visa and cedula expire in two weeks. Even though I started the process ASAP she said we could always apply for a salvoconducto – official permission to delay getting a visa.

I walked to Uncentro mall where I reclaimed my USB drive at Auros and also printed some test results for Teresa.

I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa but today was more crowded and it was difficult to hear the music. I did catch “The Lady is a Tramp” and “Dancing cheek to cheek”. I started the process of requesting a Didi car and it asked me to wait for pickup at Conquistadores – Oma. I had no idea where that was. As I left the café I remembered Oma was a café. I went downstairs and the first entrance/exit I saw was Conquistadores and there was an Oma café just inside the entrance. It was a 5-10 minute wait for the Didi car but he had GPS and Waze and I was back at the apt by 12:15.

Teresa reported all the robbers have been captured. This is the link that someone shared of the event on Expat Exchange https://youtu.be/cpprxDf9xJk

Angry_horse blundered in our game, I was going to get his Queen for a Bishop and he resigned increasing my rating to 1544.

Saturday night (most of) the US turns their clocks back an hour so the usual Sunday noon NFL starts will now be at 1pm. Colombia doesn’t change so in effect we will be moving from Chicago time to New York time. The Bears play next on Monday Night Football vs the Steelers so I hope they don’t embarrass themselves.

Teresa says Laura offered to put up our Christmas decorations when she arrives December 1st then Teresa can return them to storage after she leaves. What Laura doesn’t know is that the storage area is nearly full and the last thing I put in there were the two large boxes that the refrigerator came in. Each of them must be about 8’ long. I can barely get the door open.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 71,619 ð 71,180 ð 71,617 new cases and 1,257 ð 1,164 ð 1,206 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,697 ð 1,908 ð 1,978 new cases with 32 ð 37 ð 39 new deaths. Medellin has 239 ð 249 ð 212 new cases from November 4th to 5th. Envigado has 13 ð 10 ð 13 new cases from November 4th to 5th.

 

Classic Art Memes



1 comment:

  1. Terry, I wish I had been given that knowledge upon graduation from university. It took me awhile to figure that out.

    ReplyDelete