Friday, November 12, 2021

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Recovery Day #139!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once 2:30, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 3:30, did some work on the computer, went back to bed at 4pm, got up again (to pee) at 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

Daniela from Inter-Col called to inform me my Pensionado Visa (M-type) has been approved. Yay! She will email me a link so I can pay for it with my debit card. Even though their website was a little clunky I managed to pay for it with my debit card - $230 or 869,400 COP.

That means the entire cost of my Pensionado Visa (other than incidentals like taxis) will be 1,347,000 + 869,400 = 2,216,400 or $592. I understand it will be another 206,000 pesos ($54) for my new cedula.

I have the advantage again against the equal rated player (1561), Haluk of Turkey. I’m only up a pawn but I have 2 passed pawns in a Bishop, Rook, and pawn endgame.

I left the apt at 1:30 and walked to the mall. I checked Cine Colombia and Dune (8.2) is playing in English with subtitles at 5:10pm. I found the other Medipiel store (just a kiosk really) down the wing towards the metro. They didn’t have what Teresa wanted either and recommended we order it to be delivered.

In Exito I picked up another package of Ultra ADs and a large package of Suave Gold toilet paper and returned to the apt by taxi.

As I entered the porteria the porter handed me a package, a chess book I ordered from The Netherlands on October 4th. It took 5 weeks and 2 days but at least I didn’t have to go through my ship forwarding company in Florida. It did cost me about $9 for shipping, however.

Teresa called at 5pm, still in Santafe mall.

At 5:30 Teresa called me back and suggested I meet her at the mall and we’ll see a movie.

I checked online and Coda (8.1) starts in Santafe mall in 10 minutes but the same movie in Oviedo mall starts in an hour.

I made plans to meet Teresa in Oviedo and she would buy sandwiches at Subway.

I was waiting the maximum of 8 minutes for Didi to match me with a driver when it told me it couldn’t find a driver and to do another request.

I went down to the porteria and asked the porter to call me a taxi and I understood from his reaction that at this time it would be impossible.

I walked to Ave. Poblado and I just missed a Sabaneta bus. About 5-10 minutes later I was on another and was happy it wasn’t crowded and I got a seat. Of course, we moved slowly through the construction area. Teresa called and asked me to meet her at the theater. I got off a block from Ovideo and walked to the mall arriving at 6:30. At the ticket booth there wasn’t a cashier – must have taken a potty break – but we bought popcorn and Cokes with my platinum card. Back at the cashier she soon returned, I added 50mil to my card and bought 2 premium seats to CODA (8.1). (Later I learned I have an 80mil balance on my card.)

The movie was great! Teresa really enjoyed it. I knew it involved a fishing family, but I didn’t know it took place in Gloucester, Massachusetts, where Laura lives.

After the movie we walked outside and soon were in a taxi back to the apt. No construction traffic at 8:30pm.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 74,834  ð 76,769 ð 74,128 new cases and 1,250 ð 1,215 ð 1,158 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,199 ð 2,451 ð 2,644 new cases with 39  ð 30 ð 40 new deaths. Medellin has 269 ð 269 ð 246 new cases from November 10th to 11th. Envigado has 5 ð 5 ð 8 new cases from November 10th to 11th.

 

Classic Art Memes




No comments:

Post a Comment