Thursday, November 4, 2021

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Recovery Day #131!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:15, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 6:30.

The GreekLad is back after his long vacation. (He used up all but about 3 weeks of his allotment.)

I left the apt at 8:15 and met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station at 8:30. We took a taxi to the Marriott Hotel in Poblado. Outside I asked a female security guard with a guard dog if we could bring a dog inside and have breakfast there. She said to ask inside. I went inside and a “manager” looking guy informed us they don’t allow dogs. No problem, on to Plan B. We walked up to the corner and crossed the street to Parmessano in La Strada mall. Glenn had their French toast and I had scrambled eggs with cheese, Italian sausage, toast and avocado. As usual the entire check came to almost 30mil each ($8).

INSERT PHOTO HERE


Yeah, I had already taken a bite of my Italian sausage before I thought to take a photo. Lol.

We left a couple hours later and took a taxi back to Envigado.

At Teresa’s request, I stopped at the corner from our complex and bought a papaya for 2mil from the street vendor.

Teresa has a 6pm appointment at the eps clinic on Calle 50 near the Stadium. Instead of going through all the rush hour traffic she had the great idea of going earlier to Unicentro mall and later we can go the last few miles to the clinic.

We left the apt about 3:30. I tried to order a Didi car but for 15 minutes it was still trying to match us with a car. We got in a taxi and the driver had the A/C turned up high; and he was wearing a sweatshirt with a hoodie. What’s wrong with this picture? We got out at Unicentro mall and Teresa did some shopping until just after 5pm. She did find a pair of golden looking flats. We each had a burrito in Frisby and shared a Coke. We left at 5:35 but traffic was heavy and we arrived at the eps clinic 5 minutes late. Teresa went in and I went across the street to a restaurant. I ordered a café con leche and a sugar donut and the waitress reminded me it’s called a churro. Teresa returned at 6:30, faster than I expected. She had a bowl of fish soup and we left just before 7pm. We quickly caught a taxi and again the driver had the A/C on. You don’t know how rare that is to have 2 consecutive taxis with the A/C on. I followed our trip using the Waze app so I could learn more about it. We went through heavy traffic and arrived back at the apt just before 8pm.

I had ordered a chess book from Barnes & Noble in the US and I mistakenly sent it to my daughter’s old address instead of to my ship forwarder in FL.

I received an email from Encicla, the bike rental program, that they have new checkout software. I haven’t rented a bike in years. I wonder if my card still works.

Today I managed to run my TENS 3000 unit at intensity 5.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 74,504 ð 73,007 ð 71,619 new cases and 1,308 ð 1,276 ð 1,257 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,590 ð 1,425 ð 1,697 new cases with 30 ð 37 ð 32 new deaths. Medellin has No Update Available ð 122 ð 239 new cases from November 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has No Update Available ð 6 ð 13 new cases from November 2nd to 3rd.

 

Interesting Signs

Life’s a journey. Enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, looks like you got a good nights sleep for a change. That was a great looking breakfast, especially for the price you paid. I wonder if the first taxi driver knows how much A/C lowers his gas mileage??
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete