Sunday, November 14, 2021

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Recovery Day #141!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at midnight, again at 2am, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 2:30, did some work on the computer, returning to bed at 3:45, got up again at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the mall. I made a withdrawal from the ATM, printed Laura’s Dec 1st flight information then went outside to the Baloto kiosk where I paid epm (the utility bill), Direct TV and Une (wifi). Inside the mall I paid for our cellphones in the Claro store. I had to go in Bancolombia to pay the city tax on the finca but at least it went quickly. (Is it possible it is less busy on Saturdays? Ah, Monday is another holiday.) Downstairs I had coffee in Todo Fresa for a little over an hour. I received a text message that Laura and Lenny are now arriving on November 30th instead of December 1st. I bought a couple things in Exito then returned to the apt by taxi.

Just before 2pm I heard thunder, but it didn’t amount to anything.

The portero dropped off my package and I tipped him 2mil. It contained my October 18th Walgreens order with Teresa’s 2 Loreal face sprays, my 2 Arm & Hammer anti-perspirant deodorants and a box of ear cleaners. Also, another chess book (shipping was $9) that I ordered the day before.

We had a downpour in the afternoon.

I contacted Carlos Betancur, the bilingual chauffer, and we can rent a van for 270mil (about $70) from his friend who will pick us (Teresa, MT, and I) up, take us to the airport, wait for their flight, then bring us all back to our apt. They will spend one night here before moving into their hotel in Poblado.

At 3:30 the downpour started.

Laura ordered Chiclayo delivery for us.

I received an update from Sheila, “Jerry had a rough night last night, his oxygen level dropped so the Ventilator is giving him 100% of his oxygen now. It doesn’t look good.”

The toilet I had repaired stopped flushing. I looked inside and the knot I had made had come undone. I turned off the water, made a new knot, turned the water back on and it was fixed. (Maybe next time I can use a staple or a paper clip for a more permanent fix.) Teresa thanked me very much! 😊

Haluk04 accepted my offer of a draw lowering my rating 1 point to 1571.

Our order arrived an hour later. The portero called Teresa and the muchacho brought it to our door. The check was 73,300 (4mil delivery) and I gave him 75mil and told him to keep the change. Teresa had added a side salad that increased the cost from last time.

More rain in the evening.

At 8:45 loud Colombian music started from somewhere in the immediate neighborhood, my best guess is from an apartment across the street. It was still going strong when we went to bed at 10:45.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 74,128  ð 79,234 ð 83,442 new cases and 1,158  ð 1,119 ð 1,128 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,644  ð 2,559 ð 2,513 new cases with 40  ð 41 ð 45 new deaths. Medellin has 246  ð 223 ð 253 new cases from November 12th to 13th. Envigado has 8 ð 13 ð 10 new cases from November 12th to 13th.

 

Classic Art Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment