Thursday, November 18, 2021

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Recovery Day #145!

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2:15, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 3:15, returned to bed at 4:15, took a while to fall back asleep, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 6:45.

I had to cancel my breakfast with Glenn this morning.

I left the apt at 8:15 and took a Didi car to Inter-Col. I was served immediately as there were no other customers. I showed Daniela the email I got from Immigration about my missed appointment yesterday morning. She explained the appointment was for emergency purposes only if my visa hadn’t been approved in time. She made and printed my appointment for my new cedula for next Wednesday at 10:30. She gave me all the papers I need and told me to just bring my passport, the papers and my debit card. (So that worry was basically a nothing burger.) She also told me my visa is good for 3 years but since I am only lacking 1 year I could renew it earlier.

I walked to Unicentro mall where I printed some chess notes at Auros. (I found out later the muchacho accidentally printed one of my files twice.) I called Teresa, told her everything was okay, and made plans to meet her at Pricesmart at 11am. I had coffee at Todo Fresa and the music today was an interesting collection of different styles.  I started checking out at 10:30, walked outside and got into a taxi that took me to Pricesmart. I got out at Arkadia mall and walked across the street to Pricesmart.

Teresa was waiting for me in the basement with a cart. We loaded up almost 900mil worth of groceries. For lunch we had spring salads with chicken strips in their deli. We checked out and after a 10-minute wait returned to the apt by taxi.

One of the things we bought was a Smithfield spiral ham. They had instructions on the back of a sticker but it only partially survived removal. I understood it should be consumed by the end of the year and once defrosted it should only be kept in the refrigerator for 5 days. Teresa cut it up and we wrapped most of it in saran wrap and put it in the freezer. A small portion went into the refrigerator, and she pan fried a couple pieces for each of us with a nice sauce.

Today President Duque extended Colombia’s Covid-19 emergency for 3 more months. (Glenn has been tracking new infections better than I and he had told me we bottomed out October 20th but they’ve been going up ever since.)

Teresa called her doctor’s office and they want her to get her “bone” injection before she gets her 2nd Pfizer vaccination.

I think we got close to 85 degrees today.

We had ham sandwiches for supper.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 84,863 ð 85,861 ð 88,140 new cases and 1,129 ð 1,091 ð 1,088 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,321 ð 2,021 ð 2,257 new cases with 24 ð 32 ð 47 new deaths. Medellin has NOT REPORTED ð 259 ð 334 new cases from November 16th to 17th. Envigado has NOT REPORTED ð 19 ð 4 new cases from November 16th to 17th.

 

Classic Art Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment