Monday, November 8, 2021

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Recovery Day #135!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up at 3am, couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 3:30, did some work on my computer and went back to bed at 4:30, took a few minutes to fall back asleep, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 6:45.

Jack: Btw, the carrot cake from last night was delicious but Teresa considered it too sweet and only had one bite, so I had to finish it. I was a little concerned about drinking coffee that late (I’m pretty sure it wasn’t decaf, lol) and then being able to sleep but it turned out not to be a problem.

I left the apt at 8:15 and met Glenn at the gas station. We caught a taxi to Poblado and walked down to Hija Mia. As we entered, I saw a couple guys with a closed chess set. Glenn had scrambled eggs and bacon; he’s still trying to figure out how to ask for it crispy. I recommended he ask for it crujiente. I had their banana bread waffle again.

After Glenn left, I introduced myself to the guys (Andrew, Tyler, and Jorge) and I played 3 games with Arthur; I won all three fairly easily.

I took a Didi car to El Tesoro mall where I met Teresa in Zara. She bought a blouse and, despite my protestations, a pair of jeans. I don’t mind jeans with a little flare at the bottom, but I can’t stand this fashion of wide jeans from waist to cuff. Ugh!

We had lunch in Natto Bowls and I had the Hong Kong bowl again and we split a Te Hatsu. (I don’t like these teas so in the future I’ll probably just have water.)

We met Vicky outside Zara and they did some more shopping. I had coffee in Santa Leña and when they returned they had sodas with lemon juice. Vicky’s English is pretty good and we had several conversations.

When it was time to leave Vicky offered to give us a ride to Oviedo which we accepted. We walked to the movie theater and as she led us down to the S1 parking area we discovered a MerkePaisa grocery store with a large, interesting café. (There might be some interesting places to explore down in these sub basements.) At Oviedo, with the help of a security guard, we quickly caught a taxi to Envigado. Traffic was heavy leading me to believe we would have been better off leaving from El Tesoro so we could get further south before coming down to backed up Ave. Poblado. At one point I asked if Monday was a holiday and when Teresa said “no” I said, “isn’t every Monday a holiday in Colombia” and the driver got a good chuckle.

I received another response from Didi after I asked how to cancel a trip from my app (again translated from Spanish):

I inform you that so that you can cancel your request, once the member has accepted the tour and after 20 minutes I did not arrive or you could not take the request, you can slide the screen up, you will find an icon that says "cancel" click , a list of reasons why you could not take the request will be displayed, you select one of them and at the bottom you confirm the cancellation. Remember that you can cancel for free in the first 5 minutes after the service has been accepted by one of our partners, or 20 minutes after waiting for the driver. If for any reason you cannot wait the 20 minutes, contact us so we can collaborate.

It didn’t exactly answer my question but I think I figured it out.

I had purchased a can of Glade but the drops don’t dissipate in the air, they just rain down on you.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 71,617 ð 71,428 ð72,436 new cases and 1,206 ð 1,215 ð1,216 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,978 ð 1,999 ð2,061 new cases with 39 ð 32 ð34 new deaths. Medellin has 212 ð 242 ð244 new cases from November 5th to 6th. Envigado has 13 ð 14 ð11 new cases from November 5th to 6th.

Classic Art Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment