Saturday, November 27, 2021

Friday, November 26, 2021

Happy Black Friday!

Recovery Day #154!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am, made another trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

We left the apt at 9:15 and took a Didi car to Torre Medica in El Tesoro. Teresa went to her appointment with her breast surgeon and I went to see my urologist. I noticed several women waiting to see him. I googled why women would see a urologist and I learned it was for the same reason I was there, for treatment of urinary incontinence. Glenn texted me he had a 35-minute wait for his 8:40am appointment and my wait turned out to be the same. I gave Dr. Castaño my physiotherapy report and my PSA result. He told me my PSA result of < 0.01 means there is no evidence of cancer in my body. He told me my urinary incontinence should be 100% better in a month. He recommended I start using pads (I forget what they are called in the store) instead of the pants (diapers) and I can start wearing regular underwear again (we’ll see about that). I paid 230mil for the visit and met Teresa downstairs by the O’Cake café.

Her doctor told her that everything is going well.

She did some clothing exchanges in Zara while I waited on a nearby couch.

One of the two chess games I was worried about I now have a clear advantage and a certain win. The one I was worried about I made a move that threatened checkmate and taking his Queen and he resigned. I believe my analysis said he had a move to threaten my Queen and I would only gain a pawn but I guess either he didn’t see it or my move was stronger than I thought. We’ll see what the computer says. My rating is now 1605.

When she returned Vicky was with her. They went into a few other stores and Teresa bought a few pairs of socks for 11,820.

We had lunch at Natto Bowls and Vicky paid. I think this was the first time she’s been there. At 12:30 a short rainstorm came through which lowered the temperature a bit. This is their dyi drink – it looks like lemon juice mixed with carbonated water.



(Btw, Colombia’s lemons are our limes.)

They did some more shopping and Teresa bought a sexy blouse and jacket in Manitu for 495,984 ($130). (Whenever she enters that store it costs me money. Lol)

We had frozen yogurt in Persimon and they shopped a bit more. I looked for a Didi car on their app but no luck. Vicky left and I took a number at the taxi stand. It ended up being a 40-minute wait for a taxi. On the way to our apt in bumper-to-bumper traffic I saw 4 chickens run across the road. (Why did the chicken(s) cross the road? I really couldn’t tell.)

The first game in the World Championship chess match in Dubai between Magnus Carlsen of Norway and Ian Nepomniachtchi of Russia ended in a 40+ move draw by repetition.

In heavy traffic what should have taken 20 minutes instead took 1 hour and 5 minutes to return to the apt. I gave the driver 20mil for the 18,400 peso ride.

Teresa tried on a blouse from Zara and it’s a size too small but she thinks she can exchange it in Santafe mall. (I’m not eager to return to El Tesoro unless there’s a doctor’s appointment involved.) The blouse from Manitu she doesn’t like so she will be returning that.

I can see now in that game I won that my opponent first captured my rook then saw I had mate in 1 and resigned. And the computer confirmed my last move, that I thought might be questionable, would actually give me a 2.5-point advantage so it was a good move.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 95,481 ð 96,271 ð 87,195 new cases and 1,425 ð1,427 ð 1,013 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,478 ð2,520 ð 2,660 new cases with 50 ð48 ð53 new deaths. Medellin has 258 ð351 ð332 new cases from November 25th to 26th. Envigado has 28 ð15 ð22 new cases from November 25th to 26th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Adulting!?

No comments:

Post a Comment