Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Recovery Day #144!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2:15, again at 5am, didn’t fall back asleep until after 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Teresa wants to go to a yoga class this morning, so I’ll be having cereal for breakfast.

The latest from Jerry’s wife, “It’s with a heavy heart I bring you the sad news of Jerry’s passing this evening. I do feel he was at peace once he and I had our time together today! Sadly, I didn’t get back to the hospital before he passed.”

I left the apt at 9:45 and walked to the mall. They are now playing Christmas music and the atrium looks Christmassy.



I was having coffee in Todo Fresa when Teresa called me from Mayorca. She asked me to stay put as she was on her way. We went across the street where we had lunch in La Bahia. I convinced Teresa to get her 2nd Pfizer shot and she was ready to go right away but she didn’t have her cedula with her. MT came over and we returned to the mall. They did some shopping while I went up and had coffee in Santa Leña. I was reading my emails when I noticed one from Immigration sent yesterday morning and I missed it. They gave me an appointment for my new cedula for this morning at 10:45am. Yikes! Now what? I forwarded it to Inter-Col and told them I missed my appointment and I need a new one.

We had frozen yogurt in Percimon then they did a little more window shopping.

We took a taxi back to our respective apartments.

I’ve been trying to buy a pair of shoes for my daughter for her birthday, but the Nordstrom site shows they are only available in size 5. She says they are available in her size, and I need to clear my browser’s cache. I checked Youtube to find out that Ctrl+Shift+Delete in each browser performs that function. I did but I still only see size 5.

I’m trying to fill out this stupid form Immigration sent me:

https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/registro/public/formularioRegistro.jsf

that I’m supposed to bring with me to my appointment. (One thing I noticed is they spell Illinois, “Ikkinois” ) I’m going to have to go to Inter-Col tomorrow morning for help in filling it out.

Well, TheGreekLad only has 8 days of vacation remaining so we should be continuing the game soon. Another opponent Kapela82 we’re on the 69th move and I can checkmate in two moves so why doesn’t he resign already? I could first get 6 new Queens if I want to waste my time.

I just found out that another younger cousin Larry, that I wasn’t close to and seldom saw, passed away yesterday.

I finally figured out how to order the shoes for my daughter so at least that’s out of the way.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 80,885 ð 84,863 ð 85,861 new cases and 1,132 ð 1,129 ð 1,091 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,610 ð 2,321 ð 2,021 new cases with 43 ð 24 ð 32 new deaths. Medellin has 267 ð NOT REPORTED ð 259 new cases from November 15th to 16th. Envigado has 18 ð NOT REPORTED ð 19 new cases from November 15th to 16th.

 

Classic Art Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment