Thursday, November 25, 2021

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Recovery Day #152!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up once at 2am, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

TheGreekLad’s vacation ends tonight but I’m expecting he will just lose on time.

Teresa and I left the apt together and walked to the mall. She went on to her gym class and I stopped in Auros where I printed 2 copies of my digital visa and used the ATM to make a little withdrawal so now I’ve got some small bills.

I caught a taxi outside and arrived at the Immigration office at 10am, 30 minutes early. There were dozens of people milling about and another dozen lined up along the wall outside the entrance. I noticed someone show their papers to the guard so I did the same and was invited inside. I could tell there were only about 4 people ahead of me. When it was my turn I presented my papers and my passport, he had me write down my address, phone number and email address, he stamped something, and I was told to take another seat. Another man called me up and I gave him my papers, paid 206mil ($54) and again took a seat. He soon called me again, gave me back my passport and told me to return in a week to collect my new cedula. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Outside I was waiting at the curb for a taxi when a man told me to go to the end of the street. I could see it was a little busier than the other location but after a minute I saw a busier street 2 short blocks away. On my way there I saw a taxi parked on the street and 2 men standing nearby drinking tintos (small, cheap coffees). I asked if the taxi was available and the one who had almost finished his coffee invited me in and drove me to Arkadia mall. At the traffic circle I noticed a Pizza American across the street from the mall.

I took an escalator downstairs and walked down to the other side of the mall and entered Santa Leña where I had a café con leche and killed some time until lunch hour. I googled Pizza Americana and learned it doesn’t open until 4pm.

I left about noon and went up to the 4th floor to Crepes & Waffles. I was asked to show proof of being vaccinated – first time since the new decree.



I had chicken in a bread bowl with a glass of water.




I removed my Master Card from my iFood app.

This is a view of Medellin from Crepes & Waffles in Arakadia.



When I left and was walking past a children’s video game room I noticed a Space Invaders game. It had a large screen with two seats in front with controllers.

Outside I was soon in a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa called me and introduced me to John of NY & Pennsylvania now living in Sabaneta. We exchanged contact information and we’re going to meet for coffee Saturday morning.

Teresa called me back and we’re going out for pizza later.

She called me back at 6pm and I changed clothes and left a few minutes later. I walked to MT’s apt in a light rain that was a heavier rain by the time I arrived 20 minutes later. They came down and then we waited 10 minutes for a taxi. Finally we gave up and walked two blocks to Calle 27Sur where we soon caught a taxi. On a cold and wet night there was no wait to enter Antica Pizza.




We each had a slice and MT had a Mr. Tea for 39mil. We walked down the street and soon caught at taxi back to our respective apts.

TheGreekLad’s time ran out and Chess.com asked me if I wanted to claim the win. Well, yeah, after waiting for months, yes I will take the win. I gained 1 point and my rating is now exactly 1600. Whoo!

On page 125 of 721 of Web Griggin’s paperback Under Fire – just too wordy and I started losing track of the characters.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 95,152  ð 95,481 ð 96,271 new cases and 1,418  ð 1,425 ð1,427 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,194  ð 2,478 ð2,520 new cases with 45  ð 50 ð48 new deaths. Medellin has 424  ð 258 ð351 new cases from November 23rd to 24th. Envigado has 6  ð 28 ð15 new cases from November 23rd to 24th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Tomboy USA.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, thanks for the video and photos. The video reminded me of LA. Hope your Thanksgiving Day is pleasant.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete