Monday, November 1, 2021

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Recovery Day #128!

Happy Halloween!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:15, took about an hour to fall back asleep and woke up to my 7am cellphone alarm. I guess the guy yelling El Colombiano! must take Sundays off or I just didn’t hear him.

I met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station and we soon caught a taxi to Calle 11A. We walked down to Hija Mia where we got the last available large table. Here are 2 short videos I made of the restaurant from the street. It’s in the Nomada hotel.









My buttermilk pancake, besides maple syrup, came with strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, peanuts, almonds, cashews, and what I think were pumpkin seeds.



At the next table a young gringo was trying to explain American football to an equally young Colombiana. He specifically showed her the end of yesterday’s Michigan vs Michigan State game on his iPad. Good luck with that! 😊

I used Didi to order a car to take us back to Envigado. Again, the driver missed the turn onto Ave. Las Vegas but I got him to circle Monterrey mall to get back on track. They got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I bought some things Teresa requested and returned to the apt by taxi.

We had a downpour that started at 1pm then we had rain on and off all afternoon.

I watched the Chicago Bears lose to the San Francisco 49ers 33-22 to drop to a record of 3-5. My prediction of 8 wins (or fewer) for this season is looking pretty good. Maybe the defensive coaches should have concentrated on tackling instead of takeaways during practice. The main thing is we allow our new QB Justin Fields to develop. Next game is next Monday night at Pittsburgh Steelers.

About 6:45 we had a group of about a dozen kids trick or treating and I gave each of them a mini-Snickers bar. By 7:15 I was out of candy. We had so many groups of trick or treaters, next year I should buy 3 bags.

I finished reading John Jakes’ 1,174 page paperback Homeland. It was a very entertaining book that takes place at the turn of the 19th century mainly in Chicago.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 72,766 ð 72,707 ð 72,961 new cases and 1,365 ð 1,344 ð 1,346 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,604 ð 1,629 ð 1,710 new cases with 30 ð 33 ð 23 new deaths. Medellin has 171 ð 197 ð 253 new cases from October 30th to 31st. Envigado has 7 ð 8 ð 3 new cases from October 30th to 31st.

T-shirt of the day

Knot today.

No comments:

Post a Comment