Sunday, November 28, 2021

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Recovery Day #155!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 2:15, woke up at 6:45, made another trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, finally getting up at 7am.

I had made plans to meet John for coffee at 9am. At the last-minute Teresa asks me to make a copy of her blood test request. I did the best I could do, I took a photo of it, emailed it to myself, and I’ll copy to my USB drive. Luckily, I received an email from John that he’s bringing a friend Peter from Chicago and they’ll be a little late, like 9:15-9:30.

I left the apt just after 9am and on the way my iPod gave out again. I think the cause may be the frayed cord on my earbuds. I arrived at Habia Una Vez just before 9:30. They had already finished a small coffee in the café but I convinced them to move to Todo Fresa. They agreed that the coffee was much better than Habia Una Vez. John lives alone in Sabaneta and Peter has a Colombian wife and they live in La Estrella. John has a car and Peter uses an electric scooter. They gave me some pointers regarding my leaky toilet and my faulty on-demand water heater. John had his prostate removed and was incontinent for only 2 months. Sometimes he starts to leak a little and has to resume his Kegel exercises. His PSA tests started out like mine at <0.01 but then went up and he had to start radiation treatments.

They left after about 90 minutes, and I went up the 3rd floor for a much-needed haircut.



     Viva Envigado's Christmas tree as seen from the 3rd floor.

I waited 10 minutes for Daniel and explained that John didn’t cut the top like I asked. For the first time he asked if I wanted him to use wax to remove my nose hairs. I told him, “why not, let’s try it”. After my usual fancy haircut he put wax on a long cotton swab and put it in my right nostril. I thought, at least I can breathe with the left one. Then he put one in my left nostril and I was glad I could breathe through my mouth. Lol. A minute or two later he yanked both of them out, “whoa”, was my thought. Then he told me he needed to do it again so we did. That was interesting. Now I know why women don’t have nose hairs; it’s probably a normal part of their trip to the beauty salon. That experience cost me 100mil and I tipped Daniel 10mil.

In Exito I looked for what the doctor recommended I switch to from the ADs but was unsuccessful. I’ll ask Teresa for help. I bought 3 bags of milk, 6 apples, and a bag of trout for Teresa and returned to the apt by taxi.

Finally, Chess.com paired me with a stronger player Chief523 with a rating of 1675. Interestingly, he’s playing the Dutch Defense against my London System. It’s a good game but I think I’ve got a good attack going against his king. Oops, I’ve got a good attack going but I’ve got a couple pieces hanging. Wow, I managed to deflect a rook and capture his Queen and he resigned on the 29th move increasing my rating 9 points to an all-time high of 1614.

I left the apt at 2:30 and walked to Parva where I had a café con leche and read some more of my new chess book. I finally think I may have found a good one. One the way back I took a side street to look into the new Love In Waffle restaurant. Whoa, it’s much larger and more involved than the other location. They have a number of gaming tables, I mean like Nintendo and Sonic the Hedgehog. Also, what looks like electronic jukeboxes. I guess it’s aimed mostly for kids but I think they have some menu items, like pizza and burgers, that might appeal to adults, probably parents.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 96,271 ð 87,195 ð 85,432 new cases and 1,427 ð 1,013 ð 955 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,520 ð 2,660  ð 2,620 new cases with 48 ð53 ð 51 new deaths. Medellin has 351 ð332 ð NOT REPORTED  new cases from November 26th to 27th. Envigado has 15 ð22 ð NOT REPORTED new cases from November 26th to 27th.

 

T-shirt of the day

We are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment