Monday, November 15, 2021

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Recovery Day #142!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:15 (that’s 6 hours, baby), couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 5am and started some work on the computer.

I left the apt at 8:15 and met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station. We took a taxi to El Poblado and walked down the hill to Hija Mia. The servers there now greet us  (or is it Bianca?) like we’re long time customers in Cheers. I had the Acai bowl and enjoyed it very much 


and Glenn had their banana waffle. When it was time to leave I called for a Didi car but they appeared to cancel because I messaged them that we have a dog. We walked down the hill to Calle 10A where we caught a taxi after a 5-minute wait. They got out at Jumbo and Teresa caught me just in time before we got to Viva Envigado. She wants to go to Arkadia mall so I redirected the driver to take me to our apt. I saw the 5 new bridges (ramps) that were completed last Tuesday. The nicest thing is that the construction traffic is gone and all the old lanes are now available.

I sent Laura a copy of my Tips for First Time Visitors to Medellin to give to Lenny. (Available to anyone who asks.)

Marcos texted me and I made tentative plans to meet him in his apt tomorrow morning.

Jerry update from his wife via my brother “Kidneys aren’t putting out any urine so they are going to start dialysis. He is on 3 of 4 meds for blood pressure and should he go on the last option more difficult decisions will have to be made. I am feeling better but still tired, probably because I’m afraid to fall asleep. I am going to go for a Covid test tomorrow praying it’s negative bc I have to have a negative test to be with Jerry. God is good and I know he’s wrapping his arms around Jerry right now. I continue to put my faith and trust in God.”

I pray God has his arms wrapped around her too.

Teresa and I left at noon and took a Didi car to Arkadia mall. Teresa did some shopping and exchanged jeans for a body suit in Falabella.


Chicago t-shirt in H&M window



Alejandro sent me a link to Une where apparently I can change my wifi password online.

Looking north toward the store area:



We had lunch in Crepes & Waffles and I had ground beef with cheese in a bread bowl. While there they closed the part of the ceiling that was open so there must be a little rain outside.

Sad Christmas tree



She did a little more shopping, we left at 3:15 and quickly caught a taxi outside back to the apt. It was 9mil for a Didi car there and 12,500 to return in a taxi.

More rain in the evening.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 79,234 ð 83,442 ð 80,885 new cases and 1,119 ð 1,128 ð 1,132 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,559 ð 2,513 ð 2,610 new cases with 41 ð 45 ð 43 new deaths. Medellin has 223 ð 253 ð 267 new cases from November 13th to 14th. Envigado has 13 ð 10 ð 18 new cases from November 13th to 14th.

 

Classic Art Memes



1 comment:

  1. Breakfast looked very good. I always love a good presentation of a meal. I think you are correct, the staff were greeting Bianca. Sad Christmas tree truyely. The Grinch must have attacked it as it was too large to steal. As always, I appreciate the pictures.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete