Sunday, November 21, 2021

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Recovery Day #148!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:30, had difficulty falling asleep, got up at 5am. I returned to bed at 6am, finally fell asleep, and woke/got up at 7am.

In my game against Kapela82, as soon as I promoted my 6th Queen, I checkmated him on the next move increasing my rating to 1583. (I’ve never had 6 Queens before in a game, I don’t even remember having 2.)

Well, Diego never showed up so I’ll be going to Cedimed Monday morning for the blood draw for my PSA test.

I left the apt at 2:30 and walked to Parva where I had a café con leche. At 3:20 it started raining, then became a downpour with a little hail mixed in.

It finally stopped and I left at 4:30 and bought 2 bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

Uh-oh. I think my iPod died. Even though the battery was recently charged I charged it again so we’ll see what happens.

I guess it was a good thing I returned when I did because about 5pm another downpour started.

The $2.46 charge is gone from my checking account, now hopefully my new debit card will be here in the next week.

(I updated my Wednesday post to add that my new pensionado visa is good for 3 years - although I can apply for the residency visa after one year if I wish.)

I tried ordering from Go Wings but the iFood app didn’t allow cash payment, only 2 Colombian credit/debit cards I’ve never heard of. I had Teresa call them and place the order. Hopefully, they will bring it to our door so I don’t have to go to the porteria in my pajamas. I can’t remember how I’ve ordered from them in the past, I certainly didn’t call them.

The World Chess Championship begins next Friday in Dubai between Magnus Carlsen of Norway and Ian Nepomniachtchi (try saying that one 3 times fast) of Russia.

Glenn has noticed that somehow workers at Otra Parte now when it’s about to rain as he see them moving tables into protected areas.

More rain in the evening.

Danny Krumholz (sp?), the owner of Na Pizza, has opened an ice cream shop in Manila at Cr. 43E #11A-15, called Sugar Mamas. It looks like it’s just across the street from Hija Mia, in the old Brooklyn RL location. They don’t open until 11am so it might be a while until we see it.

My brother sent me my high school graduation photo. (He likes to remind me how old I am.)



 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 94,669 ð 93,196 ð 92,580 new cases and 1,158 ð 1,134 ð 1,115 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,121 ð 2,157 ð 2,590 new cases with 51 ð 50  ð 41 new deaths. Medellin has 285 ð 244 ð 285 new cases from November 19th to 20th. Envigado has 22 ð 13 ð 12 new cases from November 19th to 20th.

 

Classic Art Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment