Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Monday, November 1, 2021

Recovery Day #129!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 6:45.

Today is another holiday – All Saints Day.

We left the apt at 11am and took a Didi car to El Tesoro mall. Teresa exchanged her “something” for a different “model” in the same store as previously. For lunch we had the Natto Bowls again, this time I had a Thai bowl which consisted of coconut rice, curry, onion, carrot, peanuts and cilantro. It was good but comes in third as my favorites.

We found her friend Vicky with her dog Canela (brown sugar) outside Zara. After lots of shopping Teresa found a blouse and pants in Zara and a pair of white jeans in Cristina Restrepo. We had coffee and snacks in Santa Leña.

I asked the waitress if she could fill my cup any fuller with coffee:



I checked my Didi app and there were 4 cars in our vicinity.

Afternoon view of Medellin from El Tesoro mall:



Vicky led Teresa to a couple different stores where Teresa found some costume jewelry.

I thought we were finally heading out when they had to make a final check in Bon Bonite. They didn’t find anything but kept on heading down the aisle but I just sat outside until they returned.

On our way to the taxi stand I noticed a pillow like the old one I have in the Rambler mattress store but it looked closed. (It was only 7pm so the salesrep probably went to dinner.) Across the aisle was a Comodisimos mattress store where I found a similar pillow for 173mil (about $50). There was a young lady in there who spoke perfect Spanish & English. She was visiting from NY and told me that the pillow in the store across the aisle would be $200 more expensive. The bag the pillow was in appeared to show that there were 9 different types so I postponed any purchase until I can decode them.

Vicky went her way and we headed to the taxi stand as there were no longer any Didi cars in our area.

Interestingly, the two purchases I made before 4pm I got a currency exchange rate of 3766 but the two purchases I made after 6pm the rates were 3783 & 3785. I checked xe.com and today the rate significantly dropped after noon so I don’t know what happened.

For supper I heated up a couple of leftover ribs from Mu.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 72,707 ð 72,961 ð 74,504 new cases and 1,344 ð 1,346 ð 1,308 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,629 ð 1,710 ð 1,590 new cases with 33 ð 23 ð 30 new deaths. Medellin has 197 ð 253 ð No Update Available new cases from October 31st to November 1st. Envigado has 8 ð 3 ð  No Update Available new cases from October 31st to November 1st.

 

Interesting Signs

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment