Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Recovery Day #156!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 3am, couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 3:30, did some work on the computer, went back to bed at 4:15, took a while to fall back asleep, woke up at 6:30, made another trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, finally getting up at 7am.

I found a mate in 5 against 1335 rated zaginyaki252 from the Philippines raising my rating 1 point to 1615.

I have the Black pieces in my other 3 games, 2 with higher rated opponents, and I may be losing them all. I’ll hang on and see if I can get a draw or two out of them.

I finally figured out how to set my notebook news feed to English.

Translated from a Metropolitan Area newsletter I receive by email:

The Metropolitan Area of Valle de Aburrá and the Metro de Medellín joined by means of an inter-administrative agreement to provide free internet service in nine stations of the mass transportation system, which would become a reality before the end of the first half of 2022. Through the inter-administrative agreement, which will allow the free use of Wi-Fi in some stations of the Medellín Metro, both entities will invest about $ 2.7 billion.

Squirrels here are red, unlike the brown and gray squirrels in the US. This one was at face height in some bushes had by the time I got my cellphone out and ready for a photo it had moved away a little and was on the ground.



Glenn, with Bianca, and I had our usual breakfast at Hija Mia in the Manila Barrio of Poblado. I gave an English-speaking waitress my last crisp new $2 bill, compliments of my brother, to put in their tip jar for good luck. I told him about my side trip to Love In Waffle, my meetings with John and Peter, Bryan and Mike, and that the new California Buffet is now open. He’s not interested in it so I’ll go there sometime on my own and check it out. Since Teresa will spend the day in El Tesoro we made plans to meet for lunch.

I stopped across the street and took some photos of Danny’s (of Na Pizza) new ice cream parlor, Sugar Mamas.





We took a taxi back to Envigado and they got out at Jumbo and I went on to Viva Envigado where I bought a tube of Colgate travel toothpaste and a 6-back of small Cokes before returning to the apt by taxi.

I left again at 1:45 and Glenn and I took a taxi to Parque Poblado. We walked the last block to Philly Steaks where we each had a burger and fries. Bryan and Mike were there and I gave them my business card with my phone number and email address. They had NFL games on large screen TVs inside and outside the restaurant. I was helping Glenn with Google Maps to find a store selling Azian ingredients in Envigado when I noticed a Pizza Americana at Carrera 38 #38A Sur-20. Before this the closest location I was aware of was in Itagui. Now this is almost walking distance from Parque Envigado. I see it opens at noon on Saturdays and Sundays.

Back at Avenida Poblado we quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado. They got out just before Sao Paulo plaza and I had to endure the congestion through the construction area. Because there weren’t any traffic police cars would get caught in the intersection so when the light changed the other direction could get through.

Teresa informed me we won’t have running water tomorrow from 9am to 3pm.

Wow, that’s something like 2 days without rain.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 87,195 ð 85,432 ð 83,365 new cases and 1,013 ð 955 ð 961 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,660  ð 2,620 ð 2,196 new cases with 53 ð 51 ð 43 new deaths. Medellin has 332 ð NOT REPORTED ð NOT REPORTED  new cases from November 27th to 28th. Envigado has 22 ð NOT REPORTED ð NOT REPORTED new cases from November 27th to 28th. It appears they are only reporting on cases for the entire Aburá valley.

 

T-shirt of the day

No pants club.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, as always, thanks for the pictures. I need to show my squirrels the photo of the red one and tell mine to up their fashion game. The ice cream parlor looks upscale. I am impressed how fashionable and upscale so many places are, even for the area of Poblado and environs nearby. Even in upscale areas, here in the Dallas area, many shops and eateries have a more utilitarian look and feel
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete