Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Monday, November 15, 2021

Recovery Day #143!

Today is another holiday, Cartagena Independence Day.

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6:45 and got up at 7am.

I left the apt at 10:15 and walked to Marcos apt. There were a few raindrops as I walked from the porteria to his building. Johanna brought me a cup of hot chocolate (I’m not crazy about chocolate) and a slice of chocolate cake. I had 2 sips of the hot chocolate and 2 bites of the cake. We talked for over an hour about our health experiences. He has compression socks he has to wear to prevent blood clots in his legs. When he feels like leaving the apt, we will meet for coffee at a nearby strip mall. There was a steady dripping when I left so I put up my umbrella. By the time I returned to the apt it was a steady drizzle.

About 12:30 a thunderstorm came through.

I had an hour nap after lunch.

I finished reviewing Teresa’s US tourist visa application. Now she needs to get a visa photo so I can upload it and submit the application.

I called Carlos and confirmed the van to and from the airport on November 30th. It was funny to hear him say “yous guys” just like a New Yorker, although he worked on Rhode Island. Teresa thought 270mil was outrageous but a taxi from Envigado to the airport would be 85mil and 2 taxis returning would be 85+85mil so this van is only 15mil more.

We took a nice Didi car to Antica Pizza where we had our usual slices of pizza. We returned to the apt by a not so nice Didi car.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 83,442 ð 80,885 ð 84,863 new cases and 1,128 ð 1,132 ð 1,129 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,513 ð 2,610 ð 2,321 new cases with 45 ð 43 ð 24 new deaths. Medellin has 253 ð 267 ð NOT REPORTED new cases from November 14th to 15th. Envigado has 10 ð 18 ð NOT REPORTED new cases from November 14th to 15th.

 

Classic Art Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment