Saturday, November 20, 2021

Friday, November 19, 2021

Recovery Day #147!

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2:15, fell back asleep, got up again at 4:30, had difficulty falling asleep, finally getting up at 6:15.

The news feed on my laptop is now in Spanish and I don’t know how to switch it back to English.

According to Medellin Guru taxi fares go up a little starting next month.

We left the apt at 10:15 and took a Didi car to El Tesoro mall for 10mil. It was a little more crowded than usual, more like a weekend afternoon. Everything is on discount because they aren’t charging the Colombian 19% tax today. After some time in Zara, and waiting in a very long line to pay, Teresa bought a blouse, jeans, a belt, and a jacket. She looked in a couple stores for dress boots.

We had lunch in Natto Bowls again. Teresa had a conversation with the manager and I understood I was correct – last time we were there I didn’t pay for our lunch. I don’t know why they don’t take your money at the time you order. My best guess is that they have table service but we usually order at their cashier.

I had their BBQ bowl of rice, BBQ pulled pork, coleslaw, avocdao and cilantro which was pretty good. I had already consumed the avocado slices when I took the photo below:



We met up with Vicky, without her dog. I think I heard that it was sick. They did some more shopping and Teresa found 2 pairs of the same boots, 1 pair I brown the other in black. In Adidas she found a gym top. We all had burgers in Chef Burger



I didn’t keep the receipt and was a little chagrined because we had to wait for Vicky to track down the receipt so she could get her mall points. Then we had to wait in a small line for her to register them.

Vicky offered us a ride to Oviedo mall but I declined thinking it would avoid the traffic on Avenida Poblado. Mistake!

On our way to the taxi stand I noticed a booth set up selling slices of Virginia baked ham.



We only wanted a taste but we watched the procedure and paid 16mil for a little pocket of ham slices.




We each ate a couple and took the rest with us. The taxi waiting area was packed and we took number 140 and they were serving number 60. A few minutes later someone gave up and gave us their number, 124, so that helped. Twenty minutes later we were in a taxi. Teresa gave the driver the rest of the ham slices which he appreciated. He told us of a new mall just built in Bello, supposedly the largest mall in Antioqua. Bello is just north of Medellin like Envigado is just south of Medellin. If we take a day trip there it might be a good idea to take the metro to the northern end of the line. Trying to cross Avenida Poblado we got caught in the intersection when the light changed and he made a left turn to clear the intersection. (Normally you cannot make a left turn there, you continue ahead where there is a u-turn, then you return to Ave. Poblado and make a right turn.) The trip back cost 13,500 pesos and e were back at the apt by 8:15.

I finished the eBook Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 88,140 ð 94,669 ð 93,196 new cases and 1,088 ð 1,158 ð 1,134 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,257 ð 2,121 ð 2,157 new cases with 47 ð 51 ð 50 new deaths. Medellin has 334 ð 285 ð 244 new cases from November 18th to 19th. Envigado has 4 ð 22 ð 13 new cases from November 18th to 19th.

 

Classic Art Memes



No comments:

Post a Comment