Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Recovery Day #151!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 2am, finally waking/getting up at 6:15. It soon started raining which turned into a downpour. Thankfully it didn’t last long.

I left the apt just before 9am and met Glenn with Bianca at Los Porteños. He ordered the egg sandwich with scrambled eggs and I (who was going to order the same thing) ordered the bacon sandwich which comes with scrambled eggs. I figured I could always remove the bacon which I ended up doing and not eating because I forgot to ask for the bacon crispy.

We moved to Parva where we had another coffee just inside the entrance (just in case they had a problem with Bianca) and Glenn gave me another pinocle lesson. Of course, I got slaughtered.

We left about 11:30, I returned to my apt where I exchanged some things. I walked to the Deborah Arango Library to get my 3rd vaccination but was told by the guard to return tomorrow. (I won’t be able to return tomorrow but next time I will certain come earlier in the day.) I took the metro bus up the hill to Parque Envigado and I got out a block further. I had a waffle with strawberries and whipped cream in Moriskos. The waiter asked what flavor ice cream I wanted so I said, “vanilla”. As I thought, my order didn’t come with ice cream. The café con leche tasted like it had liquor in it so maybe they screwed that up. I asked for the check and ten minutes later had to ask another waiter for it. I paid the 8,800-peso check (included tip) but didn’t leave any additional.

I stopped at the paper store where I asked the chica for a “calendario de escritorio” but she didn’t understand me. I put it in my translator app and it came up the same but this time she understood. (Must be my accent.) I stopped in Dollar City where I bought a box of Betty Crocker saran wrap that Teresa wanted. I walked to the mall where I recycled a couple bottles and bought a new mortar and pestle set in Home Center. I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa. When I came out, it was raining lightly but luckily I had no wait to catch a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa returned at 5:30 with a new haircut, a bit shorter but very cute.

Btw, Danny’s new ice cream shop is called “Sugar Mamas” not “Sweet Mamas”.

I checkmated Troyclough in 19 moves increasing my rating to 1599. Only problem is I have 2 games in progress against much lower rated opponents and I don’t have much confidence in either game.

For supper I ordered burgers from McDonald’s. Again, they didn’t accept my debit card and I will pay in cash. When the delivery man brought it to our door he didn’t have change for a 50mil note so I had to give up all my small bills to make up 40mil.

We had more rain in the evening. It was still raining slightly when I went to bed at 10:15. I slept under a blanket for the first time I quite a while.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 93,689 ð 95,152  ð 95,481 new cases and 1,113 ð 1,418  ð 1,425 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,649 ð 2,194  ð 2,478 new cases with 39 ð 45  ð 50 new deaths. Medellin has 302 ð 424  ð 258 new cases from November 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has 16 ð 6  ð 28 new cases from November 22nd to 23rd.

 

T-shirt of the day

I don’t do boyfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment