Friday, November 19, 2021

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Recovery Day #146!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:45, fell back asleep, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 6:45.

I received a text message from Bob Sisler, who I haven’t heard from in a long time. He needs 3,500,000 pesos for his visa renewal and was asking if I know of any person or company that loans money with a 90-day payback. I recommended he use a credit card and I also informed him I just renewed my visa with Inter-Col and it cost less than 2,500,000 pesos.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to Parva where I had a café con leche and reviewed some chess notes. I left just before 9:30 and met Glenn at Los Porteños. We each ordered the same egg in croissant sandwich and we were both a little surprised it was a fried egg. It was delicious but a little messy to eat. Next time we’ll try to order it with scrambled eggs. At Glenn’s recommendation I texted a man named Diego who will come to my apt tomorrow morning and take a blood sample. (If Teresa complains about the cost I will inform her it’s 5mil cheaper than using Cedimed even with their discount card. I even arranged to meet him in the porteria so she won’t be inconvenienced.) With coffee the check came to a little less than 20mil each. Glenn left about 11am and I hung around a little longer. I bought 2 bags of milk before returning to the apt.

I accidentally erased all the songs from my iPod but quickly figured out how to sync them from my iTunes account.

Another close game but I’m up a pawn in the endgame vs Troyclough.

Even before the sun hit our thermometer this afternoon we reached 86 degrees. Maybe the rainy season is over. (Oops, sorry, I didn’t mean to jinx that.)

A new movie that just opened, Run Hide Fight (6.40), looks interesting but it’s only showtime in Viva Envigado is 9pm.

Tomorrow is the 2nd Dia sin IVA (like no sales tax) so Teresa wants to go early to El Tesoro. I texted Diego and switched my blood draw to Saturday morning.

In my spare time I’ve been binge watching Seinfeld episodes.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 85,861 ð 88,140 ð 94,669 new cases and 1,091 ð 1,088 ð 1,158 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,021 ð 2,257 ð 2,121 new cases with 32 ð 47 ð 51 new deaths. Medellin has 259 ð 334 ð 285 new cases from November 17th to 18th. Envigado has 19 ð 4 ð 22 new cases from November 17th to 18th.

 

Classic Art Memes




No comments:

Post a Comment