Friday, November 26, 2021

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!

Recovery Day #153!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30, made another trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

The Bears game was going to start at 12:30 and our Thanksgiving reservations at Philly Steaks is at 4:30 so I asked Teresa to make a simple salad to eat at noon. Well, it was a salad and ham slices that she served at 12:45.

At 1:15 a drizzle started that soon turned into a downpour. Sigh!

I watched the Bears defeat the Detroit Lions in the last second 16-14.

I was making my last trip to the toilet before leaving when it stopped working again. I fixed it more permanently this time so I think it will be a long time before it comes undone again.

I ordered a Didi car and the app said the driver’s name was Nataly. Well, we have female driver for a change. We left the apt at 4pm and when I got in I saw a guy, so Nataly is a masculine name here? I checked my phone and saw a photo of Nataly, the driver explained she’s his sister. He took us to Parque Poblado for 8,754 and I gave him 10mil. One of the waitresses at Philly Steaks seated us at an umbrella table outside.




That's Teresa seated at the nearest table. Being on her cellphone she didn't even notice I was taking photos.


When they brought my plate they didn’t bring silverware so my food just got colder in the minute it took me to flag them down and for them to bring it.



The green beans were warm, not hot, but everything else was cold. Don’t they have a microwave?

Teresa pointed out Danny of Na Pizza seated at a nearby table. I hadn’t noticed him because others were in the way.

We had just finished eating when two gringos were seated at the next table. Bryan was from Florida and Mike from North Dakota. They have visited for several weeks over the past few years. They were talking about buying an apt nearby and taking turns using it during the year.

I ordered a Didi car and was quoted 12mil because of high demand and we left about 5:45. Traffic was horrible and it took almost an hour to return and the app changed the cost to 19,746. I gave the driver 20mil intending it to be a nice tip but ended up barely covering the additional cost.

The app said, “Your final trip fare has been updated due to a change in route or time.”:

$2.787 – Base Fare

$3.430 – Distance Rate (5km)

$7.080 - Time Rate (59 minutes)

$5.319 – Surge Price (Capped at $28.454)

$1.130 - Booking Fee

$19.746 – Total (Cash)

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 95,152  ð 95,481 ð 96,271 new cases and 1,418  ð 1,425 ð1,427 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,194  ð 2,478 ð2,520 new cases with 45  ð 50 ð48 new deaths. Medellin has 424  ð 258 ð351 new cases from November 23rd to 24th. Envigado has 6  ð 28 ð15 new cases from November 23rd to 24th.

 

T-shirt of the day

This is my Halloween costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment