Saturday, November 12, 2022

Friday, November 11, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2am (rain had stopped), finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Teresa left for the gym at 8am and I left for the mall 15 minutes later. The new corner store at the mall is a drug store.

I wanted to test my USAA credit card with a small ATM withdrawal then use my CS debit card for a large withdrawal. (Before I left I checked online and it appeared my Travel Notice starting today had been accepted.) When I tried making a withdrawal at the ATM next to Exito with my USAA credit card I got the message, “Transaccion con problemas. Intente luego”. I tried my CS debit card and got the same message. Maybe they’re out of cash? Also, I didn’t see any Gente newspapers by the information booth. I went upstairs to the Davivienda ATMs and got the same message both times. Back downstairs I recycled a plastic bottle then checked the information center and waited until 9am but still no newspapers. Well, so far this morning is a loss.

I went into Todo Fresa where I had a latte and studied a chess book for a few hours. I left about 11:15 and went upstairs to try the ATMs again when I ran into Jerry. We discussed ATMs and then we went to Colpatria Scotia Bank where he made a small withdrawal. I tried it and got this screen asking me to pay 18,200 transaction fee but it still it didn’t work. We went to Davivienda and I got the same error messages as before. He paid me 300mil to have a denim jacket decorated and he’ll drop off the jacket at the porteria later. With that cash I was able to pay the wifi bill and buy a large carton of eggs (still no Gente newspapers) before returning to the apt by taxi. And there on the table in the porteria were Gente newspapers.

A truck pulled up next door and they’re unloading concrete blocks.



I left again at 1:45 and had a latte in Los PorteƱos while watching the men working on La Buena Mesa.


I read my Gente newspaper and found this item:


I left about 4:30 and returned to the apt.

I watched a couple more episodes of Better Call Saul.

About 7:30 Teresa and I took a Didi to Antica Pizza where, besides having a slice of pizza, she picked up a denim jacket from Gloria to be decorated. In a taxi on our way back to our apt the driver took an unusual detour, something about the street being closed ahead. Going down Calle 38A were more people in the streets than usual for a Friday night. Looking a block away towards Parque Envigado I could see that it was packed. I think tonight might have been the official turning on of Envigado’s Christmas lights.

Today I got in 6,129 steps.

No rain for 24 hours, amazing.

 

Fun pix



 





No comments:

Post a Comment