Monday, November 28, 2022

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

At 8:30 I ordered a Didi to take me to D’Andre restaurant. From there I walked the 3 blocks north to Pergamino Café. (I went that way, 1. so the Didi car didn’t have to take a longer indirect route 2. to force me to walk a few blocks. I’m still trying to get 3,000 steps per day and Sunday, because of NFL football, is the day I take the least number of steps.) I arrived about 5 minutes before they opened and Glenn arrived by taxi about 15 minutes later. I returned his book and we discussed his experience that prompted the book. He asked me for change for a 50mil bill as he wants to give his (8?) porteros their Christmas tip before he leaves for the States this Friday, hopefully returning before the 1st of the year.

We walked a block to Calle 10A where we quickly caught a taxi. We were approaching Ave Las Vegas when I noticed his meter was already over 6mil and I asked the driver if it was working. He realized, as I suspected, he forgot to reset it so he reset it to 3,800 pesos. Glenn got out at Jumbo as usual and I got out across from Mercado Madrid. I gave the driver an extra 2mil to cover the meter fax paus. I returned to the apt realizing I would never have been able to climb the hills of the finca if we still lived there.

Right at the stroke of 1pm when the game was to start I heard thunder. I watched the Chicago Bears, playing their backup QB, lose to the NY Jets 31-10. It started out okay with the Bears taking a 10-7 lead but quickly went downhill from there. I think the Bears are now in line for the 2nd pick in the draft. If they pick in the top 3-5 I think they should gather additional picks by trading it to a QB needy team.

I went to Parva and was having a café con leche when Teresa texted me at 5:20 wanting food from Chiclayo. I asked if she wanted to eat there and she told me to get it to go. I checked online and they close at 6pm. I asked her when she wanted me to bring the food and she didn’t reply for about 5 minutes. Finally, she called to inform me they close at 6pm. 😊 Luckily, I had 100mil with me so I was able to make the purchase.

Walking through La Buena Mesa most of the concrete tables and benches were taken, mostly by people eating frozen yogurt or ice cream.

At Chiclayo I placed the to-go order and the bill was 71,300. I gave the waitress 100,300 and she returned with 30mil in change. Was that bad math or just being generous with the change? When I caught her attention again, I gave her a 1mil coin that she thanked me for. Did she think that was a tip? No way to know.

I walked past the (closed) Argentinian restaurant and its name is Quilombo.

Teresa ate something right away but I was still stuffed from lunch, my Coke, the last 1/3 bag of Maizitos, and my coffee.

I saw this on my cellphone news feed:



My loophole story: When I was in college my roommate, his identical twin brother and I would go to the same pizza place in town. They sold a small pizza for $1.50 and a large pizza for $3. We would always order 2 small cheese and sausage pizzas. Being a math major I had quickly figured out the area of a 12” pizza is 113 square inches and the area of a 16” pizza is 201 square inches, so 2 smalls was a better deal. I’m sure the owner wondered why we always got 2 smalls instead of a large.

So I want to watch 60 Minutes and I’m waiting for the Raiders vs Seahawks game to end. It’s tied 34-34 and goes into overtime. Then the Raiders miss a 56-yard field goal. Will this game never end? If the Raiders don’t score on this drive, isn’t it a tie? I guess not as they’re still playing. I guess time has to run out. They flashed Next Score Wins Game on the screen and the next minute the Raiders got an 86-yard run for a touchdown to end the game.

The long 60 Minutes segment about dogs was very interesting and informative.

In the evening (8:30?) more rain.

Today I got in 3,108 steps.

Still raining when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

Fun pix




No comments:

Post a Comment