Friday, November 18, 2022

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2:30, waking/getting up at 7am.

I called MetLife and their opening recording said, “if the reason you’re calling is you don’t want to change your Federal income tax withholding you can hang up now”. That was easy!

The MS Office directions I printed the other day are very small and faint so I’m going to return to Auros to see if there’s anything they can do to make it easier to read.

I met Marcos at Maca at 10am. He told me he bought a treadmill that he and his gf have started using to lose weight. I told him about the shortcut to enter Mayorista where he would save about 2 blocks getting to the fish store he likes. I told him about my occasional problem when I go to save a Word file and it tells me I am in Edit mode and I have to save it under a different name. He told me about his problem when he prints something and it doesn’t all show up in print.  I suggested he copy a file to a USB drive and print it in Auros. If it comes out correct then the problem is with his printer, if not then the problem is with his print setup.

I walked to Viva Envigado where I printed some notes in Auros including making my MS Office download instructions easier to read. I also printed my first USAA credit card statement and will read it later to see how I make payments.

In Exito I purchased a 9V battery, Pantene shampoo, and a 6-pack of Coke and returned to the apt by taxi. I’ve racked up 3,114 steps thus far.

It’s time to start the uninstall process. Wish me luck!

 

This is my new License Code/Product Key:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Well, that was too easy. It took about 20 minutes but when I open an Excel or Word file it says it’s still MS 365 so maybe uninstalling the app Office wasn’t enough.

I then uninstalled Microsoft 365 en-us app and another one with a similar name. Still MS 365.

Let’s try a restart and see if that fixes things.

When I open a Word or Excel file I still see Microsoft 365 so that didn’t work.

It seems to be I haven’t properly uninstalled MS 365 so I’m going to check and see if Youtube has any suggestions. Well, I looked at 2 videos and it sure looks like what I did.

I see Office Professional Plus 2021 includes Access, Excel, Onenote, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, and Word. Maybe I need to uninstall Outlook too? I don’t see it in my App list so it shouldn’t be there. I see an app for Office Professional Plus 2021 so I don’t know what the problem is.

I uninstalled Onenote and did a restart and I still see MS 365 when I open a file. Probably time to call TechSpot customer support. I filled out a request form and submitted it. What happens next I’m not sure.

I received this email, “Thanks for writing in about this! I would love to clarify some things for you.
You would need to clean uninstall your old version or MS365 to run 2021. This would require you to uninstall both of them if you already installed 2021.
You may see this walk through on on how to do a
 Clean Uninstall of your Previous Microsoft office version
After doing the clean uninstall and deleting the left over folders, you may restart your computer. Then reinstall the 2021 version. Click on INSTALL on the far right of the said version. Download 2021 version here:
 https://account.microsoft.com/services
Video reference here:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIymNltF3xo”.

 

I decided I’d better back up my D: (user files) drive first. I’m not sure exactly what time I started, 4pm? 5pm?

In the meantime, I saw this on facebook




Be careful out there people

Teresa talked to her sister Vicky and she and her daughter Laura and I forget who else are going to Punta Cana on December 26th thru January 3rd. That’s 9 days, 8 nights. I asked Teresa to have Vicky text her the name of the resort. It came back as Majesty and from that I found Majestic Elegance Punta Cana – All Inclusive. Later I heard they corrected the date to December 27th thru January 3rd, 7 nights. I told Teresa there wasn’t anything I could do now until my backup finishes.

At 8:45 a downpour started.

I looked at 9pm and my backup was 98% complete and estimated time to finish was “more than a day”. What?

I watched more episodes of Better Call Saul.

My backup finally finished at 9:45.

Today I got in 3,210 steps.

 

Fun pix



 

No comments:

Post a Comment