Saturday, November 26, 2022

Friday, November 25, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once (twice?) during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Well, today is Black Friday!

Btw, I still had some leakage yesterday so it’s not done with me yet.

Since we will be without water and toilets starting at 8am it’s time to blow this pop stand. (I’m guessing the younger generation won’t understand that comment.)

Teresa finished Jerry’s jacket. I texted him and he’s in Santa Marta and won’t be back until December 7th.

I left the apt at 8am and found Gente newspaper in the porteria so I grabbed one. I walked to $efecty and was surprised to see it closed. Their website said they open at 8am but this sign says 8:30. It was 8:12 and I considered having coffee across the street or going to the mall first. Five minutes later, while still hemming and hawing, I saw the woman who works there and was surprised she opened the door for me. (Had I been a thief the door to the back was open.) I paid the additional 20,200 pesos to Direct TV then walked to the mall. They have the Christmas decorations up in the atrium.



I printed a few chess notes then went to Todo Fresa for a latte just as they were opening at 9am. Gente had a short article about Otra Parte.




I finally remembered I used Whatsapp to send our Medellin to Santa Marta booking to Auros. I went there and they found and printed it. It’s now obvious that the Bancolombia window is less expensive for printing than Auros or Parque Envigado.

I walked back to La Buena Mesa and stopped in the Outlet Store looking for a dark blue denim jacket for Teresa to decorate for my daughter. No luck, they have denim jackets (the fashionable holey type) but not dark blue.




I walked up to Barrio Sur and approaching I saw people standing outside. I went in and inquired about a few unoccupied seats but they were all taken.

I checked out a few other restaurants & cafes in the area and finally settled on a perfect seat in Black Pepper. I had a pretty good burger, French fries and Coke while watching the US outplay England but for a 0-0 tie. During the game a storm came up and knocked out Direct TV for about 10 minutes. It was still raining lightly when I left so I went around the corner to Los PorteƱos where I ordered a latte. I hadn’t even finished it when Teresa called and asked me to meet her at Eduardo Madrid because she was starving. I met her there and she ordered a sandwich but I declined being too full from my burger, etc. Chris Cojeleas came in and we chatted a bit. He told me the crowd at Barrio Sur was from the previous match, Netherlands vs Ecuador.

Back at the apt and the water situation was back to normal.

Teresa informed me her friend said that starting January Colombians can visit the US with only a passport. I told her I had heard that Colombian’s president asked the US president for exactly that but I haven’t heard anything since. That would be such a big deal if it was true I think everyone would be talking about it.

Teresa left at 7pm as a friend was going to drive them to Santafe mall and Teresa was going to look for the denim jacket for Jeannie.

I’ve only got 1 episode left of Better Call Saul. Interesting how they’re dovetailing it into Breaking Bad.

Today I got in 6,564 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment