Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 4am, again at 6:30 and got up.

I left the apt at 7:45 and found Jose waiting for me at the mall. Today it only took him 30 minutes to arrive compared to an hour last week. We had our usual breakfast in Habia Una Vez.

Upstairs I had the White pieces in the first game and I checkmated him in 18 moves. 😊 I skipped lunch again and after reviewing the first game we started another. With the Black pieces we agreed to a draw after 32 moves. (Later I checked the computer and it said Black was better.) It was only a few minutes after 1pm so he would be getting home plenty early.

I ordered my usual sandwich from Q’Bano and went downstairs to have some notes printed. Here’s how my chess diagram came out.

Back to the drawing board.

I heard my beeper go off while on the elevator back upstairs. I picked up my sandwich and went downstairs to Todo Fresa where I ate it with a latte and a cold bottle of water.

It was nice to hear Christmas Carols being played in English over the PA system. Too bad I don’t remember all the words.

After waiting in a short line, I made an ATM withdrawal using my CS debit card.

My original plan was to take a taxi to Envios Market, pick up my package and buy a couple bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

Going from the mall proper to the Exito entrance I could see it was pouring. In Exito I heard loud thunder.

New plan: buy a couple of bags of milk, take a taxi back to the apt and pick up my package tomorrow. I paid the epm bill, bought a couple bags of milk and by the time I came out it had stopped raining. I took the next taxi back to the apt, noticing on the way workers blacktopping the driveway around McDonald’s. I heard more thunder as I was walking through the parking garage.

I watched more episodes of Better Call Saul.

Teresa asked me if her niece Daniela could stay here so Teresa could take care of her. I asked how long that might be and she said she didn’t know, maybe a year or two. Teresa said she works at night but later I heard something about maybe her working during the day. To be continued.

The latest jacket Teresa is working on.



I finished reading the book my son gave me, Neil Steinberg’s Every Goddamn Day. I’ve started reading the book Glenn wrote, Gluttony at Table #1.

Tonight’s sunset taken from the balcony looking south.



Today I got in 4,374 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment