Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Monday, November 21, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:45, waking/getting up at 6:45.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked to Eduardo Madrid where I picked up a package of 4 poppyseed bagels and had a latte while reviewing some chess notes. Teresa arrived about 10:15 with a girlfriend. They each had a sandwich with a latte and Teresa paid for everything before they left. I received a text from Nobraskja that I had a package to pick up. I told her I’d pick it up in a few minutes.

According to Facebook a plane crashed in Belen this morning. Later Teresa told me 8 reported dead and it seemed like it happened on takeoff.



I walked through the new La Buena Mesa area and around the corner to Barrio Sur where I found Chris Cajoleas smoking a cigar. I asked him to watch my stuff (notebook and tech bag) for a few minutes. I walked to Envios Market where I paid 55mil for my package. Back at Barrio Sur Chris warned me that he had friends arriving soon and they would all be smoking cigars so I took a seat inside. I watched the end of The Netherlands beating Senegal 2-0 match. I thought the USA match started at 1pm but it didn’t start until 2pm. In the meantime, I had their pulled pork sandwich and a Coke. There was a good crowd of Americans cheering for the US and a couple of guys cheering for Wales. The place was pretty busy but there were still a few seats available. This is what it looked like from my seat:



The match ended up being a 1-1 tie. I paid my bill of 35mil ($7) and returned to the apt. The old Exito next door had a 2,000-liter plastic tank sitting outside.

Teresa returned at 6:30. She told me that Esmeralda (or maybe it was Martha) found a store near Parque Envigado selling jackets like Teresa’s for 350mil.

My package turned out to be a chess book I ordered, The Scandinavian for Club Players by Thomas Willemze.

I watched another episode of Better Call Saul.

No rain today!

Today I got in 2,705 steps and I changed my daily step goal to 3,000 steps.

Oops, spoke too soon. At 9:30 it started pouring. At 10pm as I was going to bed, I looked out the bedroom window and saw a car stop even with my window (though we’re on the 4th floor). It backed up slowly next to the curb by Exito. The passenger window came down and a woman inside called towards Exito. A security guard came out and walked to the gate. The woman got out and also walked to the gate. They exchanged something and she got back into the car. Now, keep in mind it was pouring the whole time and she was a young lady, with obvious tattoos, in shorts and a top and no umbrella so she must have gotten soaked.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment