Thursday, November 10, 2022

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:30, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7am.

Teresa didn’t sleep well last night so while she was having a  quick nap I had a bowl of granola.

Outside at the old Exito I saw a man speaking to 9 other men in hardhats. Then they started up the generator again.

Jose texted me that he and Maria have doctor’s appointments next Tuesday so we won’t be playing chess.

I checked each of my bank accounts and no SS deposit. I logged into My Social Security and saw this message, “Your benefits payments are suspended because your mailing address or payment information is incorrect. Please review and update this information in My Profile. Last payment: November 3, 2022.”

Another message said, “Current direct deposit: Citibank, Account Number x8272” but my account ends with 8271 and I haven’t used Citibank for my SS deposits in years. It also said, “Pending direct deposit: USAA” with my correct routing number and account number but, “Effective Date: January 2023.”

I met Marcos at Maca for coffee. 700 steps thus far including fritzing around my apt.

After he left I walked to Mayorista. I found a short cut, a corner entrance so I don’t have to go through the main entrance. Maca to Badia counted as 2,000 steps so I’m going to get my share of steps and vitamin D today.

In Badia I bought their 3 remaining large boxes (25 count) of chamomile tea (they gave me a 10% discount) and 2 small boxes (10 count). Teresa wanted a bottle of ajo (garlic) and I found it in powder (3 sizes) and flakes (1 size). I called her and of course she didn’t answer so I took a small bottle of powdered ajo. She called me back as the cashier was ringing up the order. She didn’t want either of those, she wanted a glass bottle of minced garlic in olive oil.

I paid for it all for the first time with my new USAA credit card with no problem.

On my way out of the wholesale market I saw an eco-store selling candles. I bought one for 5,300 pesos. Next Halloween I intend to carve a pumpkin and put this candle inside. I walked back to the apt and my total step count is now 5,360.

I looked online and saw my USAA credit card balance is reported separately so I started another Excel file to keep track of it.

I called Social Security and after a 45-minute wait I got my deposit request fixed just before we got disconnected. The rep thought I get my deposits on the 4th Wednesday of the month and I’ve always gotten them on the 1st to 3rd of the month. Go figure!

A dump truck filled with sand just backed in next door and dumped it all in front; I guess there’s going to be some building going on.

I chatted with someone at Amazon about the device I bought for Teresa that doesn’t work and he said they give me a full credit.

I left the apt at 3:15 and had a latte and bought a pan sano to go in Parva.

Amazon credited my account with a gift card for the total amount. 😊

I finished season 2 of Better Call Saul. Great series!

There was a knock at the door and it was a portero with our Tigo/Une bill. It’s for the same 103mil with Teresa’s name on it so that answers one question I had. I guess I’ll have to wait next month for a bill with my name on it.

The downpour started about 8pm.

Today I got in 7,096 steps, a new record.

It was still raining heavily when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment