Thursday, November 24, 2022

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:15, got up twice during the night, waking/getting up at 6:15.

It’s raining again but, if like usual, it should end soon. The Weather Channel says, “rain ending around 7am”.

At 7:45 it was still raining so we cancelled our plan to have breakfast at Eduardo Madrid bakery. Instead, I had a poppyseed bagel with Knott’s Berry Farms’ strawberry preserves and scrambled eggs in the apt.

It was 8:30 when I noticed it had stopped raining.

Men were moving concrete blocks into the old Exito building.

I had an hour nap after breakfast. Now I feel like I’ve caught up on my sleep.

I met Marcos outside Maca at 10am but they weren’t open. We waited a couple minutes then I went to $efecty where I paid the Direct TV bill. Maca still wasn’t open so we went across the street and had café con leches at a new café named Cannell. He told me it appears to be impossible for him to apply for a US Visitors Visa because his girlfriend is from Venezuela. He told me he’s probably going to have to move because now it’s too difficult for him to walk up hills. Remember he has blood circulation issues. He left and I read some more in my new chess book.

I stopped in Mercado Madrid and bought lettuce and some apples before returning to the apt.

Workmen outside Exito are now tossing refuse into a dump truck.

I left the apt at 3pm in a cool 74 degrees. I stopped outside the old Exito and talked to a lady who looked like she might be the foreman. I asked what is going in next and of course I didn’t understand her answer so I switched to specific questions:

Is it going to be another store? Yes.

Is it going to be another grocery store? Yes.

When will it be finished? End of December.

I had a latte in Eduardo Madrid and got a slice of carrot cake to go. While sitting there I noticed a man stop his car across the street, put on the emergency signals, raise the hood, and put out one of those orange triangles behind it. About an hour later I saw a taxi parked in front of it and two other men checking it out.

I returned to the apt before a little before 6pm.

Teresa informed me that Laura, and the young boy she cares for, have Covid. Not sure who gave it to who. I asked Laura how she’s feeling and she said she’s really sick.

The “bruises” on Teresa’s face have healed.

I accepted an appointment from Dr. Rendon for next Wednesday from 2:30-4:30 for teeth cleaning for Teresa and I.

I downloaded a 1-year subscription to Avira security for $0.99 with the promise that next year’s renewal will be $49. Only thing is, that’s the same thing they said last year when I accepted the same offer and then they wanted more than $49, so F*$# them, I can play this game too.

Today I got in 3,042 steps.

It had just started raining when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment