Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Monday, November 14, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 5am, had trouble falling back asleep, and got up at 5:45. A rare example of me sleeping through the night; now it would be nice if I don’t need a nap today.

Today is another holiday here – Independence of Cartagena.

So far it’s a cool overcast day.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to the mall. It hadn’t opened yet, the guard said 9 or 9:30. I sat down outside Auros, it opened at 9am and I printed some chess notes and my turkey breast cooking instructions in English and Spanish.

Claro wasn’t open yet so I had a latte in Todo Fresa for a couple hours.

On my cellphone newsfeed I found a one-time offer for a Microsoft Office Professional 2021 lifetime license for $39.99. Wow! I forwarded it to Glenn and Juan; we’ll see what they think.

Upstairs I paid our cellphone bills for the month in Claro. I really didn’t have anything important to buy in Exito so I walked back to the apt. I can’t remember the last time I did that!

As I walked into the porteria the portero handed me our epm utility bill for the month, 286,399 pesos ($60).

I talked with CS again (Dex from Indianapolis; Go Bears!) and he unblocked my debit card and set up another Travel Notice period for November 15th to the 28th.

I finally figured out how to imbed a chess diagram into a Word document. There’s no stopping me now!

I gave Teresa the cooking instructions and she replied, “no, no, no”. I asked what the problem is, and I understand she can’t cook it in the oven but she says she’ll take care of it.

2pm and I heard thunder in the distance and my Weather Channel app says, “occasional thunderstorms likely to continue for the next several hours” and 10 minutes later the rain started but 10 minutes later it stopped. We didn’t have any more rain but it was enough to keep me from going out again.

I used Paypal to purchase a lifetime license for MS Office Professional 2021 for $39.99. I’m going to print the download instructions to help me download it.

I don’t think we got close to our usual high of 78 degrees today.

For supper we ordered pizza from Gloria’s. (Actually it’s called Antica Pizza but it seems redundant so say we ordered Pizza from Antica Pizza.)

Today I got in 3,920 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment