Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking and getting up just before 7am.

I walked to the mall and on the way I’ve never seen traffic backed up this bad. I recycled a plastic bottle and waited for Jose who arrived 10 minutes later. He said it took him an hour to get there by taxi. We believe this is an anomaly and won’t happen often. Because yesterday was a holiday maybe people were returning from their fincas.

Upstairs he had the white pieces first and won the first game in 26 moves. In the second game I had the white pieces and I checkmated him in 36 moves. (We had planned on only playing every 2 weeks but since I’ve been eating lunch after our games he gets out early and avoids traffic. Now we’re going to go back to our previous every
Tuesday schedule.

Jose left and I ordered a Ropa Viejo sandwich. While waiting I noticed some restaurants have this sign posted outside.



It means they aren’t using plastic straws.


I took my sandwich downstairs to Todo Fresa where I ate it with a latte and checked news and sports on my cellphone.

I left an hour later and picked up a few items in Exito. Looking at the new autopay section it appears the machines don’t take cash.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

Lots of noise next door, they have a generator running outside the old Exito.

At 4:45 a downpour started with thunder and lightning.

Esmeralda arrived and showed Teresa some gold necklaces but the pendants were really tiny.

I watched another episode of Better Call Saul.

Today I got in 7,623 steps.

It was still raining heavily when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment