Friday, November 11, 2022

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Yesterday, I called the number of the plumber Marcos had used and he answered. I handed the phone to Teresa and she explained our toilet problem. When she got off the phone she explained something about it’s a corporation or something. I just about lost it. If he could fix Marcos’ bathroom problem why couldn’t he fix ours. I said I didn’t care if it cost 100,000 pesos, we haven’t been able to use that toilet for years because of the water leak. She called our R.E. agency and a plumber said he would come out at 4pm tomorrow (today).

I understand Teresa will be going to the gym and buying more paints at Panamericana and other things so I will probably be on my own for lunch.

I left at 9am and put an emergency 100mil in Laura’s account for Teresa’s gym membership. I’m not sure why so much. Teresa informed me the monthly amount had increased from 69,900 to 73,900 so maybe she thinks I didn’t pay for November.

I had a latte (now that’s a full cup of coffee)



in Eduardo Madrid bakery for a couple hours before returning to the apt.

I wanted to write a review of the Amazon device but they don’t appear to be selling it any longer.

Teresa called me a few minutes after 1pm and we’re going to meet in La Bahia at 1:45.

I see my SS deposit is in my USAA account. 😊

I walked to La Bahia arriving 5 minutes early.

I took this photo of the Ikea construction as I was approaching the bridge



And this photo from under the bridge



Teresa, MT and I each had the menu of the day for 15mil each. MT returned to her apt and Teresa and I walked across the street to the mall. We went up to the 3rd floor to Todo de Artes where she (eventually) bought some paints. When we left the store we could hear rain beating on the roof. (The plumber said he wouldn’t be coming at 4pm if it was raining.) Teresa looked for something in Dollar City but didn’t buy anything. We bought a bottle of AOX Therapy vitamins for her in Linea Estetica for 199,000 pesos ($40). By the time we left the store it had stopped raining.

Downstairs we had small containers of frozen yogurt with fixings before returning to the apt by taxi.

The plumber arrived 15 minutes later. He looked at the floor between the toilet and the shower and declared that the leak was from the shower. I was skeptical of that because we’ve used the shower everyday and we haven’t seen any leaks for the years we haven’t used the toilet. He opened the tank top and when he flushed the toilet water sprayed out of the vertical tube so he declared that was the problem. But the water is spraying into the tank not on the floor. But he’s the expert so I understand he’s going to replace that part.

I then showed him the missing hot water handle in the other bathroom and he said he could replace that.



The downpour started soon after he left.

I watched a couple more episodes of Better Call Saul.

Today I got in 5,267 steps, more than I’d planned.

It was still raining steadily when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment