Monday, November 21, 2022

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:45, woke up at 7am and got up.

Teresa now tells me it’s too cold to go for breakfast so I’m going to have French toast here.

For some inexplicable reason Teresa has started texting on Whatsapp. Welcome to the 22nd century. Look out world here she comes. She told me she doesn’t like to do it much because her fingers get tired (and she doesn’t know where each key is on the keyboard) so I told her consider it exercise for your fingers.

The Bears game starts at 1 and I’ll probably be supine most of the rest of the day so I’d better go for coffee in order to get some steps in.

Teresa informed me we’re out of eggs and the brand we like is only sold in Exito so I guess I’ll be making a trip to the mall this morning.

I left the apt at 8:45 and walked to the mall. (It was nice to be able to walk in the street due to Ciclovia.) I purchased a large carton of eggs, printed some chess notes (with diagrams) in color for the first time (8 pages cost 18,300 pesos aka $4), then went up to Santa Eleña for a latte where I got the last table. I See the World Cup starts today in Qatar. Colombia didn’t qualify but the US did. They play Wales tomorrow at 1pm and Barrio Sur has already said they will be open longer hours to accommodate the games. I left about 10:45 and returned to the apt by taxi.

I’m in a close endgame against Troyclough. We each have 3 pawns plus he has a rook and a passed pawn 2 squares from queening and I have a knight and a bishop. I’ve won 7 out of the last 8 games against him and my rating has risen to 1558. By the 72nd move I had blundered the win then blundered the draw. Sigh!

I watched the Chicago Bears lose to the Atlanta Falcons (those Dirty Birds) 27-24. I finished my 2nd Ziploc bag of Maizitos with a Coke. Next Sunday they’re at the NY Jets.

I left the apt about 4:30 and walked to La Buena Mesa. This photo is from the north facing south



This photo is from the south facing north



I had a café con leche in Parva for about 90 minutes before returning to the apt.

I watched another episode of Better Call Saul.

We had pizza at Gloria’s so Teresa could give her her finished jacket and collect the 150mil.

Today I got in 4,302 steps.

 

Fun pix



 

No comments:

Post a Comment