Monday, November 14, 2022

Sunday, November 13, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once 4am, had trouble falling back asleep, got up and took another allergy pill, did some work on the computer, went back to bed, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I asked Teresa to make something simple for lunch like soup so as not to interrupt my Bears game and allow me to eat the Maizitos (Colombia’s version of Fritos) I bought yesterday.

I left the apt at 8:45 and took a bus to Poblado arriving at Sweet Georgia just after 9:15. Glenn was already there with Bianca. He’s watching the limited TV series The Shrink Next Door (7.1) on Netflix. I mentioned that my USAA credit card comes with $500,000 in travel insurance. He suggested I make a will. Not sure if I mentioned he’s returning to the States on December 2nd for some medical appointments and procedures, returning in a month or so.

We caught a taxi on Calle 10A to return to Envigado. I noticed this sign on the taxi door



Taxi drivers are really offended if you slam the door.

They got out as usual at Jumbo and I went on to Viva Envigado. At the new self-checkout area I asked a girl if the machine takes foreign cards and was told, “yes”. I picked up a bottle of Fab liquid detergent and a bag of apples. (Teresa used to only use the Fab powder but I accidentally brought her the liquid once and she hasn’t used anything else since.) I returned to the apt by taxi.

I watched the Chicago Bears lose to the Detroit Lions 31-30. They’ve proved they have their franchise quarterback in Justin Fields, now they have to get some more quality players through the draft. It will probably take another year or two to be competitive like the best teams.  I ate 1/3 of the bag of Maizitos and split the remainder between 2 Ziploc bags for future games.

A few days ago Teresa put some kind of cream on her face and since then both sides of her jaw are black like she’s bruised. I didn’t do it, really!

I took a photo of the cooking instruction on the turkey breast we just bought at Pricesmart, typed the instructions into a Word file, translated them to Spanish, and added them to the file. I’ll probably print them as a 2-sided page in Auros.

I finished season 3 of Better Call Saul.

Now that it’s dark I can see a few neighbors have put up outside Christmas lights.

Today I got in 2,405 steps.

Rain in the evening, still raining when I went to bed at 10pm.

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment