Sunday, November 13, 2022

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1am, again at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I checked my CS messages and the most recent one read, “Unfortunately we are unable to process your request. Please contact a Schwab representative at 1-800-421-4488 or 1-317-596-4501 if you are traveling internationally, and they can provide you with assistance”.

The plumber was supposed to be here at 9am. At 9:30 Teresa suggested I go for coffee and when he arrives she will call me.

I had a latte in Eduardo Madrid until Teresa called me at 10:30 to return to the apt.

We left at 11am and took a Didi to Pricesmart for 10mil. We loaded a cart with groceries and I charged 1,132,970 ($295) to my USAA card. Before we left we had chicken wings in their deli. The taxi back to the apt, in heavy traffic, cost 18mil.

I was looking up the dollars it cost me for my Pricesmart purchase when I saw “declined” for each of the 4 ATM withdrawals I tried to make yesterday.

My brother explained to me that credit cards aren’t usually used at ATMs. It’s been almost 10 years here so I guess I forgot.

After we unloaded everything I had a latte in Los PorteƱos. Workers have installed some of the concrete seats and tables.



About 4pm it started getting cool and then windy so I returned to the apt just in time not to get caught in a shower, though it didn’t last very long.

More rain in the evening.

I watched more episodes of Better Call Saul. It’s supposed to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and it’s interesting how the same characters are introduced and what happens to dovetail from one to the other.

Today I got in 4,155 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment