Saturday, November 5, 2022

Friday, November 4, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking and getting up at 7am.

My SS payment didn’t show up in my USAA account. Strange!

I left the apt at 8am and walked to the mall. On my way I saw a man unloading what might be bags of concrete in front of the old Exito.



In the garage I recycled a 9V battery and a plastic pill bottle. At Auros I had a copy of my passport printed in color and asked to print only page 8 of my CS application but the girl printed all 8 pages. I accepted them anyway as backup. The Gente newspapers hadn’t arrived yet.

In Habia Una Vez I had their complete breakfast, minus the orange juice, for 14,500 pesos.

Back in Exito I picked up a Gente newspaper. (It appears they get delivered sometime between 8:30 and 9am.)

Upstairs I made an ATM withdrawal using my CS card.

Back downstairs I had a latte in Todo Fresa. I noticed there was only one slice missing from their carrot cake so I got a piece to go. (Last time I gave Teresa a slice she said it wasn’t fresh.) I received a text from Nobraskja that I have a package and documents for pickup for 76,500 pesos. I hope it includes my USAA credit card. I told her I would pick it up in the afternoon.

According to Gente Parque Lleras isn’t going to be finished until next year.

In Exito I picked up a few apples and bananas and returned to the apt by taxi. This is the latest view of the Ikea construction I took from the taxi.


I used Speedtest.net and got 68.50 Mbps.

Teresa got a call from the Tigo/Une installers about 12:30 just as we were sitting down for lunch. She soon called her mother and while on the phone got a call from a portero. Her mother apparently didn’t hang up so Teresa couldn’t switch to the other call. She told me to go to the porteria and retrieve them. In my shorts and flip flops I took the elevator downstairs and the portero saw me and pointed toward the parking lot. I saw two muchachos walking toward their motorcycles, one carrying a length of coaxial cable. I yelled and waved them toward me. The 3 of us got in the elevator and it stopped at the first floor where a young man got on with 2 dogs, one of which is a Pitbull, who started licking my hand. The elevator didn’t move, the young man said it was too heavy, and he got off with the dogs.

The muchachos set up a new smaller router with a new network name of 3F2A50 and new password of 271277080 but the speed I got was less than before.

They wanted to connect my laptop to the router by ethernet but their cable was only about 2 meters long. I took a long one I had out of my drawer and easily connected my laptop to the router.

They tweaked it some more and got it to work. We disconnected the ethernet cable and I got a speed of 221.54 Mbps. 😊

I walked to Envios Market where I paid 76,500 pesos and received 2 USAA envelopes and a package. I asked about sending a denim jacket and was told, if less than a kilo, it would cost between 180mil and 200mil and take 5 business days.

This is a photo of today’s work on La Buena Mesa seen from the north side (calle 30 sur) looking south.


I walked to Los Porteños where I had a large latte while going through my envelopes. Strangely, one is titled “Information about your Credit Report” but under “Your credit score” it says, “Not Available” and source: “Experian”. Maybe I do still have that lock on my credit info.

The other envelope is my new USAA credit card with a $500 credit limit. Under the USAA Universal Guide to Benefits it says there is a “Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver” and under Travel Accident Insurance I have a “$500,00 Loss of Life Benefit”.

This is the view of the La Buena Mesa construction from my seat inside Los Porteños.



I left about 3:30 and returned to the apt.

Outside the old Exito the bricks and dross are on one side and two piles (cement and gravel?) covered with tarps are on the other side.

I opened the package and it’s the TI-83 Plus graphing calculator I bought as a gift for Alejandro to help him with his statistics classes.

An hour later a dump truck showed up and dumped a load of what looks like sand next to the 2 covered piles.

Teresa got a call and I understand there’s some kind of family problem between her niece, Daniela, and her mother, Adriana. I think Teresa may go mediate.

Teresa left at 5:45.

I watched a couple more episodes of Better Call Saul.

We had a little rain in the evening.

The “pile of sand” next door is now covered with its own tarp.

I went to bed at 9:30 and Teresa had yet to return.

Today I got in 5,618 steps.

 

Fun pix







No comments:

Post a Comment