Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally wakened by my alarm at 7am.

Yesterday we hit a high of 88 degrees before the rain arrived.

I took a Didi to Daniel’s barbershop and as I tried to give the driver 6,200 pesos ($1.30+$0.22) he reminded me that it’s paid by my card (Citibank account). Come to think of it, maybe I’ll keep it that way and maintain a balance with Citibank to pay these small charges. I got my haircut and asked him which service I should choose on his website and he pointed to “Corte y Barba clásica” for 50mil. Teresa called to ask if I paid for her gym membership. Yes, I paid yesterday. She asked if I paid the annual membership fee and I replied I didn’t think it was due in November. (Later I checked and I paid it in August so I gave her the receipts for August – November.) Daniel charged me 40mil and I tipped him 5mil.

I called another Didi car and was dropped off at Todo Drogas for 6,307 pesos or $1.35. I purchased my medicine, supplements and vitamins for the month (or more) for 227,002 pesos ($47). I stopped at a tienda naturista where I bought a 2-pack of omega 3 capsules for 59,200 pesos ($10).

I walked to the used bookstore where I exchanged my paperback for Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Identity. It will probably be months before I get to it as first I have a hardback and paperback to finish then John Jakes next 7 volumes of the Kent Family Chronicles. Yikes, I just checked on Barnes & Noble and it’s $15.99.

I walked to Parva where I ordered a café con leche and a pan sano to go. I understood the pan sano won’t be available until the afternoon. On Facebook, someone in Medellin is offering a Thanksgiving dinner for 60mil ($12) per person.





I left at 11:15 and returned to the apt.

I left again at 3pm and bought a loaf of pan integral (whole wheat bread) in Parva and had a café con leche there until I left at 4:30.

I mentioned the Thanksgiving dinner to Teresa but she wasn’t that enthused because she only remembers one good meal we had.

My brother texted me he’s coming for a visit in January.

I started watching Better Call Saul (8.9) on Netflix.

Today I got in 5,211 steps. I’d like to get a minimum of 3,000 each day.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment