Friday, November 4, 2022

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, again at 5:45am, finally waking and getting up at 7am.

Teresa left at 9am for the gym.

At 9:30 I got dressed and walked to the Tigo/Une store a block on the other side of Parque Envigado. I got in a line with about a dozen people ahead of me. A young female store rep asked me why I was there and I asked if any employee there spoke English. I understood she went to check. A man sitting on the stairs behind me got a woman ahead of me in line who spoke English. I told her why I was there and my wife should be arriving soon and she should help me.

Teresa arrived about 10:15 at the same time a male employee was making an announcement about their system being out of order. (A few people soon left.) I told Teresa to listen to what he was saying and she said “the system is out of order, let’s go”. I asked her to ask him if it is possible to change her name on our wifi bill to mine. She did and he invited us to his desk. We were there about an hour but to make a long story short, they are going to cancel the account under Teresa’s name and open a new account under my name. The new account will be 79,900 a month (currently it’s 103,000 a month), will include free home telephone service (not interested) and the wifi speed will increase from the current 60mb to 200 mb. Also, he said I get a free month of Paramount movies; not sure how that will work. Someone will be out tomorrow after noon to complete the change (probably a new router). The December bill should have my name on it. The first month’s bill will include a one-time 47mil installation fee. Their computer was slow and it took him about an hour to complete the request.

We walked a block away where we had lunch in Frisby. This is the first sentence (and words) I learned in Spanish when I first arrived 9 ½ years ago.



Teresa left to go to the beauty shop to get her nails done and I returned to La Buena Mesa where I bought a small box of 10 pads for 22,047 ($4.50) in the Pasteur pharmacy.

I stopped in Los Porteños for a large latte. In a short conversation with a waitress I learned the work outside should be finished by November 10th. This is the view from inside the cafe.



I left the café in a light drizzle. Walking past the old Exito I saw 5 people outside engaged in conversation (2 were in hard hats) and heard what sounded like metal grinding coming from the back. An hour later I saw a dump truck back into the parking lot in front of the building, presumably to pick up the bricks.

The Colombian Pesos per US Dollar is now over 5,000.



Playing now in Cine Colombia:

Black Adam (7.1)

The Ghost of the Nanny (6.9)

Room 203 (not in English)

The Great Storm (not in English)

The Light of the Devil (5.2)

The Kings of the World (Spanish only)

One Piece Film: Red (Children’s film)

Rebellion (Spanish only)

Three Wishes for Cinderella (not in English)

Teresa returned at 6:30.

More action next door at the old Exito location.

Today I got in 4,807 steps.

 

Fun pix



 

No comments:

Post a Comment