Sunday, November 27, 2022

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Teresa tells me she couldn’t find a dark blue denim jacket so I guess we’re going to have to settle for a light blue one. She’s going back to Oviedo today to buy one.

Workers outside the old Exito are unloading more concrete blocks from a truck but instead of taking them inside they stacked them up against the wall of our apt complex.

I left the apt at 9:30 and now I see what I thought were concrete blocks look like concrete floor tiles. I walked to the mall. Still leaking. I printed a page of chess notes then cutting through Exito I encountered these dancers.




While watching a young lady handed me this flyer



Just outside in the garage I took an elevator up to the 3rd floor where I had a latte in Santa Leña. Teresa texted me at 11:15 and asked me to return with Frisby chicken. I paid for my latte, made a trip to the restroom and went up to the food court. Two guys were watching the France vs Denmark World Cup game in Sport Wings, which gave me an idea. After a 10-minute wait in line I ordered the chicken (sin arepas, sin guantes, sin cubiertos plastico, sin serviettas, sin miel), went downstairs, bought 3 bags of milk and a lemon in Exito, and returned upstairs. My order was waiting for me and I returned to the apt by taxi.

Next door they occasionally have the generator on which can get pretty loud.

I left the apt at 2pm and as I passed the new Argentinian restaurant with the funny name I saw it was packed. Argentina vs Mexico was playing on their large screen TVs.

In Eduardo Madrid I had a latte and read more from my new chess book. I checked their baked goods and saw Stolen, the German Christmas pastry, for sale. I would like to buy one but its too much for just the two of us. A dog came in waiting patiently for its owner. I wasn’t even sure which one of the standing customers it was waiting for until the man left and the dog followed him out.


I left about 5pm when it started getting crowded and cut through the parking lot to return to the apt.

I finished Better Call Saul; great series.

At 7:23 Teresa texted me she wanted us to go for pizza. I responded with a thumbs up and asked where she was. She said she would be in the porteria soon. I changed clothes and found her with MT in a taxi outside. When we arrived at Antica Pizza who was sitting outside but Dr. Rendon and family. They all speak English. I understand it was their first time and was recommended by their older daughter. His kids are getting tall. They ate their pizza and left and I reminded him we would see him Wednesday at 2:30.

We took their seats but soon they found spots for us inside. Once again, I was stuck next to the Coke machine. They need to build a larger place.

As usual we walked down a block to the bakery and bought a couple cheese pastries for the porteros. Traffic was heavy near Parque Envigado which was full of people enjoying the beautiful evening. We dropped MT off at her apt and returned to our apt.

I finished the book Glenn wrote, Gluttony at Table #1 by Employee “X”.

Today I got in 5,199 steps.

 

Fun pix











No comments:

Post a Comment