Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Monday, March 16th, 2015



I slept well last night only getting up once at 3:45am.  I didn’t even hear Laura or Teresa get up.

I don’t have any serious wrist pain this morning; it’s more like a slight ache.  I usually do a little workout with a 7# dumbbell every M/W/F morning, not really to gain strength, just to try to maintain a minimum amount of muscle tone and maybe I stressed my wrist doing that.  I’m not going to give it up right away; I’ll just be more careful for awhile.

Teresa has some pain in one of her calves.  She has a little vein problem so she called and made an appointment for tomorrow morning at 9:30 with a doctor in Torre Intermedica.

I had Teresa call MBE to inquire about what appears to be my 2 monthly rental payments for February.  The lady told her that her husband speaks English and she will have him call with an explanation when he arrives.
He, Daniel, finally called me right when I was having lunch.  As I understand it MBE made a mistake and charged me twice for February or maybe it was March.  Anyway I asked them to credit me for April’s payment and I understood I still have to pay more because of the increase in the peso.  It sounded like a large increase so when I questioned it, Daniel said they/he would email me an explanation.

Back in the States I had all the episodes of Breaking the Magician’s Code: Magic’s Biggest Secret’s Finally Revealed recorded on tape but of course I wasn’t able to bring them with me to Colombia (and I wouldn’t have had a tape player anyway).  I finally found them on Youtube.  It took a little searching to recall the exact name of the program.  If you like magic and would like to know how their tricks are done, take a look yourself.  We started watching Season 1, Episode 1 and stopped at the 11:12 mark.

I balanced my USAA checking account statement and found I had a $10 ATM Service Fee charged against me.  I checked my notes and found that the first 10 withdrawals are free and then I am charged an extra $2 per withdrawal.  I’ve been taking cash out 200-400mil at a time, sometimes 2-3 times in a row on the same day.  I’ll have to see if I can figure out how to, and remember to, take out more on each withdrawal.

Laura came home at 1pm.

Teresa and I took a nap from 2-3pm.

Teresa wanted me to eat a banana because we have an entire bunch and they are getting ripe.  I told her I would have one with cereal for my dinner.   When the time came she peeled it for me and was going to put it whole on top of my cereal.  I stopped her and cut it into slices with my cereal and both Teresa and Laura were very surprised to see it like that.

Taken 3 (6.1) is still in theatres here but Laura found it online, in English with Spanish subtitles, so we watched it until it was time to switch to Master Chef.

We finished Taken 3 and then started watching The Silence of the Lambs (8.6) on El Silencio de los inocentes on Cuevana 2 but at 10pm we stopped at the 39:30 minute mark.

T-shirt of the day: Number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment